Bad Parental Behavior @ dome today | Syracusefan.com

Bad Parental Behavior @ dome today

ORRange

Starter
A father brought his two little boys and their grandfather to the game today and everyone was decked out in their latest Xmas orange getups. Then the father cheered for EMU all day long, explaining to his dad that he had EMU plus the 18 points. The oldest boy was obviously annoyed. It was disturbing to me and my teenage son. Happy New Year everyone. Btw, I smiled to myself when BJ hit the three.

It's one thing to bet against them, it's another thing to cheer for the other team. A couple of seasons ago I took Tulane and the point and Cuse thrashed them. Never once rooted for Tulane but was hoping they could throw some garbage baskets in at the end.

You probably should have given the dad a melvin. Just so the kids knew there was righteousness in the world.

I've never been into the alternative universes of gambling, where the point spread is what matters or fantasy football/baseball/basketball, where it's the stats individual players pile up.

I was a luke-warm boxing fan growing up but followed the career of Billy Backus in the papers. When he finally got his title shot vs. Jose Napoles, I was on a bus the next day and realized I hadn't checked to see who won. I saw another guy reading the paper and tapped him on the shoulder to politely ask if our hometown hero had won the fight. Without looking up, he growled "Why- Yah got money on it?" :mad:

I got the impression the only sporting events he ever cared about were the ones he had money on. I didn't want to be him.

What if Clemson fball comes to town and is only giving 13? You don't bet with your heart.
images

I can't even imagine betting on a Syracuse game. I get worked up enough as it is. I'd be dead if I had money riding on it!

I think betting against your own team is awesome (money line only)

Either A. Your team wins or B. $$$$$

Even Pete Rose didn't do that.