Baddest Alpha | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Baddest Alpha

I have to agree with DC or Devo as the Alpha but one evening a few years ago for that one night at Cameron, Tyler Roberson was the Alpha. 14 points and 20 rebounds. My son and I sat in the middle of a Duke section that evening and the Duke fans kept asking "who is that guy?" Just a memory.

From what I can tell: Shooting a lot and showing EMOTION. Gotta go NUTS. Get the boys PUMPED UP.
To me its toughness with a fear factor. DC tossed football players around. Nobody screwed with DC not even his coach

DC
Dion
Pearl
Flynn
Harris
Devo
Owens
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought Harris and Owens would be there. Maybe because Harris wasn't able to live up to the hype he had before he arrived, and, as good as he was, Owens didn't seem to play with attitude the way some others did. I suppose Owens was just so smooth with everthing my perception may not be accurate.

If the point is being a tough guy, yes that's Derrick.
No one else.
But this is basketball...players need great skills.
DC had both.

However...for one play showing "I'm the boss"...a guy who was a sweet player and not a belligerent tough guy owns the moment.
I look at this and immediately get pumped up.
Nothing says "In your face" like this move with the G-town game on the line in OT:

This was also CJ's 1,000th point!
The ball was going in and there was nothing anyone was going to do about it!

DC, and it isn't even close.
Billy Celuck is a distant 2nd.

Edit: surprised there's no love for Etan Thomas.

Last edited:
When I think alpha, I think a guy who isn't scared, will talk ish, and you know he's got a swag to his game. Guys that come to my mind.

Devo
DC
Dion

Then there's probably another tier of guys like Jonny, Rick Jackson (senior year), etc.

Anyone not saying.DC was probably too young to know any better.

I remember when DC was with the Nets, Chuck Daly, I think it was, required that his players wear a suit when traveling. If they didn't they would be fined. As the story goes, DC took out his checkbook and cut a check for the entire season as he boarded the plane in his designer sweats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom