bailey could set SU single season rushing record | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

bailey could set SU single season rushing record

My father got me the video about the 1959 national championship season, and based upon watching the game footage, I've got the following observations:

• The entire team reminded me of a rugby team: a bit lighter, guys who played both ways, but strongly conditioned and more versatile athletically
  • We had a shitload of skilled players on offense. Frankly, a surprising number of guys who are well known to historical fans of the program
  • The offense used to be "multiple" [lol!], in that halfbacks would routinely throw passes, they had formations with multiple running backs who would get rushes, guys who would run end arounds, etc. In other words, tremendously unpredictable / versatile offense for the time
LGO!!!

Well wasn't Schwedes supposed to be the starting QB until Sarette took the job, then Ger joined Ernie in the backfield? If that was the case I'm guessing we didn't see many fluttering passes from him like Bailey's.

Actually, SU utilized him exactly the way he was utilized in the NFL. We had the most productive offense in school history and utilizing him as the fullback he was is one of the reasons.
I know that. I always thought given that we had another good blocking FB during his last 2 years he should have played more at HB. I would have liked to have seen him get more carries behind a lead blocker where he wasn't hit before he got a good head of steam. If we had a stud at HB at the time my opinion may be different, but we had Kyle McIntosh.

So to summarize, by the end of the year, Nassib could be single season record holder for passing yards and passing TDs in a season, Bailey could be single season rushing yard record holder, and Provo could be single season and career TE reception record holder. That's crazy!

So to summarize, by the end of the year, Nassib could be single season record holder for passing yards and passing TDs in a season, Bailey could be single season rushing yard record holder, and Provo could be single season and career TE reception record holder. That's crazy!

And Lemon was on track to race up the receiving list as well, obviously a couple bad offensive performances, the desire to spread the ball around, and the youngsters getting more play has kind of put the breaks on for him and Chew over the last month.

So to summarize, by the end of the year, Nassib could be single season record holder for passing yards and passing TDs...
It is mind-boggling that neither Graves, nor McNabb, nor McPherson would have amassed what Nassib could this year - especially given the WR's they were throwing to. We are throwing the ball a lot this year.

It is mind-boggling that neither Graves, nor McNabb, nor McPherson would have amassed what Nassib could this year - especially given the WR's they were throwing to. We are throwing the ball a lot this year.
It really is. And speaks to how good Nassib has been this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom