Bailey TD Run | Syracusefan.com

Bailey TD Run

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
I was pondering this on my way home from Thursday's game, so I did a little digging & thought it was interesting enough to share. Regarding Bailey's 53yd TD run, there's been only 3 longer for a TD by an SU player since '05:

'09-Averin Collier went 60yds @home to seal the win over Rutgers
'08-Doug Hogue went 82yds in mop-up time of a loss @ Rutgers
'05-Damien Rhodes went 54 yds @home in win over Buffalo

I was moderately surprised in the low amount...here's hoping there's many more to come!

Hogue's TD wasn't in mop-up time. It was the first score of that game I believe on a 3rd and 12 or so draw play.

I will say right now that Ant gets at least 2 more long (50+) TD runs this season. Book it.

I was pondering this on my way home from Thursday's game, so I did a little digging & thought it was interesting enough to share. Regarding Bailey's 53yd TD run, there's been only 3 longer for a TD by an SU player since '05:

'09-Averin Collier went 60yds @home to seal the win over Rutgers
'08-Doug Hogue went 82yds in mop-up time of a loss @ Rutgers
'05-Damien Rhodes went 54 yds @home in win over Buffalo

I was moderately surprised in the low amount...here's hoping there's many more to come!
Interesting. Carter was a terrific back but certainly not a burner.

Regarding that Bailey run, if you have the chance to watch it again, check it out. It is one of the best executed plays you will ever see. Beautiful textbook blocking, great timing and footwork by Bailey...it is a minor work of art to behold.

its not like we are loaded up on big running plays.. since 1950.. three 80 yds plays, ten 70 yd plays, seventeen 60 yd plays.. fourteen 54+ plays.. so 44 total runs longer than Baileys

The offense has lacked true game breaking talent for the better part of a decade- other than Mike Williams.
If you watch the tape of the 80's and 90's team you get a real sense of how far the talent has dropped.
Hopefully Marrone's philosophy of recruiting athletes and coaching them up will bring back some big play excitement.

Interesting. Carter was a terrific back but certainly not a burner.

Regarding that Bailey run, if you have the chance to watch it again, check it out. It is one of the best executed plays you will ever see. Beautiful textbook blocking, great timing and footwork by Bailey...it is a minor work of art to behold.

Justin Pugh's block is highlight reel stuff

Carter would've had one in the Pinstripe last year if he didn't get caught inside the 10. Bailey found the crease and exploded up field. Furthermore, the balance he showed when his legs were almost swiped out is much more difficult than it appears. Running full speed and having a leg swiped out when you don't know it's happening can make a ton of good backs go down. From our corner (opposite endzone and side of the field) it looked like he was going to get caught but he just kept on truckin'. Great run, looking forward to many more.