Ball was out of Ennis' had with 1.2 seconds on the clock | Syracusefan.com

Ball was out of Ennis' had with 1.2 seconds on the clock

Is it in the rules that every buzzer beater must be reviewed? This happens a lot. What surprised me was how long it took to say it was good. What the were they looking at??

I HATE that they have to review every buzzer beater. We're trying to celebrate and these morons are blowing their whistles like "hold on a minute", everyone stands around, they look at it for way too long, and then finally tell us what we already knew.

If there's a problem, make it somebody's job to let the refs know they need to review it. That should happen rarely. This one was obvious, as are most of them, and we didn't need to be bothered with that.

Hmmm, interesting theory.
Yeah that actually makes a ton of sense, if that's what they were doing. Because technically the clock has to stop as soon as the ball goes through in the last minute of the second half.

I think it was to check to see if any time was still left in the game.

If you watch the replay the ball went in about 0.1 seconds after the red light went on.

I think the refs needed to look at it. Although, I am not sure what took them so long.

Because it's a rule? Not everything is a damn conspiracy.

I said they sucked. I didn't say it was a conspiracy. Is this a rule? I'll admit that you are some damn genius if it is. I'll annoint you poster of the night as well.

Rewatched the shot. It left his hand @ 1.2 and was 2 feet above the rim @ 0.0. It kinda sucked, and was bad TV, that they stopped our celebration for something so obvious.

The over/under on the number of those refs with broken legs tomorrow is 2.

image.jpg

If you watch the replay the ball went in about 0.1 seconds after the red light went on.

I think the refs needed to look at it. Although, I am not sure what took them so long.
There is an amount of time which can be left, but within which, by rule, you cannot score.(.3sec?) Had to make sure it was under that.

I HATE that they have to review every buzzer beater. We're trying to celebrate and these morons are blowing their whistles like "hold on a minute", everyone stands around, they look at it for way too long, and then finally tell us what we already knew.

If there's a problem, make it somebody's job to let the refs know they need to review it. That should happen rarely. This one was obvious, as are most of them, and we didn't need to be bothered with that.
On the bright side, it forced Dixon's agony to linger even longer. :cool:

I was wondering the same thing.
Replays CLEARLY show when the shot left his hand and that the clock said 00 as it was going thru.
Not a conspiracy - just a question what took them so long.
although if the refs that that tony spreano wannbe asst coach was going to "talk" to them about it, maybe they were trying to find ways to discount the basket.

I said they sucked. I didn't say it was a conspiracy. Is this a rule? I'll admit that you are some damn genius if it is. I'll annoint you poster of the night as well.

Rewatched the shot. It left his hand @ 1.2 and was 2 feet above the rim @ 0.0. It kinda sucked, and was bad TV, that they stopped our celebration for something so obvious.

I missed the review... I was too busy celebrating in the snow, barefoot - in shorts and a tshirt

it was good timing for me, because they officially announced it as soon as i got back in the house.

actually, i think the were waiting for me to return.:D

Last edited:
The NCAA adopted a rule a couple if years ago that provides that the refs MUST review any shot that actually goes through the basket after the buzzer to make sure it was released in time. So you could have someone launch a 75-foot shot with three seconds left and the refs still have to go to the video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom