Ball was out of Ennis' had with 1.2 seconds on the clock | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ball was out of Ennis' had with 1.2 seconds on the clock

Thank goodness they did review it. Otherwise, Pitt would have won 56-55 because the Pitt scorekeeper refused to put the last three points on the scoreboard until the refs made him do so.

I'd like to hear more about the review of the Pitt three from the corner that made the score 13-10.

I was awfully sure the shooter's heels were on the line; we didn't learn anything about it after the timeout.

That extra point almost ended up being a big one.

The NCAA adopted a rule a couple if years ago that provides that the refs MUST review any shot that actually goes through the basket after the buzzer to make sure it was released in time. So you could have someone launch a 75-foot shot with three seconds left and the refs still have to go to the video.

The shot did go through after the buzzer went off:

What is interesting is that the buzzer seems to have gone off a little prematurely. The clock doesn't hit 0:00 until after the ball goes through the hoop. But the board lights up before it gets there.

I'd like to hear more about the review of the Pitt three from the corner that made the score 13-10.

I was awfully sure the shooter's heels were on the line; we didn't learn anything about it after the timeout.

That extra point almost ended up being a big one.
I still don't understand how we never got an explanation on that.

Because it's a rule? Not everything is a damn conspiracy.

I agree!!

I think it is crazy, that this board will find something to complain about after such a great win. I think there is nothing wrong with the refs checking the clock. We still won and there was no question by anybody in the stadium that the ball was in the air with time remaining.

People... We won!!! Quit complaining. Let's enjoy this game and move on to the next. It looks like we have something pretty special here.

I still don't understand how we never got an explanation on that.

I may be wrong, but ESPN never addressed it after the fact either. I was watching on a plane, but my initial thought was that it shouldn't even be a discussion. Clearly a 2 pointer.

Nope, never changed it. Looked for all the world like he was on the line, but we never got a replay or anything. I don't remember even a simple comment like "they reviewed the three pointer, they decided it was a 3". And they did mentiuon beforehand it was going to be looked at. So way to follow up there

What is interesting is that the buzzer seems to have gone off a little prematurely. The clock doesn't hit 0:00 until after the ball goes through the hoop. But the board lights up before it gets there.
Nah, the ball hasn't gone through the hoop yet when the clock hits triple zeroes. Here's the shot at 1/4 speed:

foot.png

Interesting. The clock above the hoop was definitely at 0.0 before the ball went through. I'm fairly confident I saw this on one of the videos on the ESPN website.

Nah, the ball hasn't gone through the hoop yet when the clock hits triple zeroes. Here's the shot at 1/4 speed:

It was at least simultaneous- and the light on the backboard had already gone off, meaning that it and the clock on TV were not in synch. Could it have to do with that mix-up with 43 seconds left where the clock suddenly stopped and had to be reset? Maybe they were re-set separately and not with the same exact time?

Holy crap, is it really that big of a deal that they reviewed it? It is a rule that is has to be reviewed and the announcers said it immediately after the shot was made. I like that it was reviewed. It allowed more time for us to watch the Pitt players and fans stand dumbfounded because they all knew it was over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom