Banner Flip Ceremony | Syracusefan.com

Banner Flip Ceremony

Am I crazy, or is there a WVU fan sitting there clapping along at the 1:12 mark?

Am I crazy, or is there a WVU fan sitting there clapping along at the 1:12 mark?
Instant replay shows it's clearly an SU fan with an S on his hat. In that light his Orange shirt(sweater?) almost looks Gold.

I love seeing Varsity rocking after games. Brings back lots of warm memories. Thanks for reposting OE, I missed it the first time.

Surprised there were no players there. or is that the norm?

Surprised there were no players there. or is that the norm?

Huh? The video shows all the players filing in.

Huh? The video shows all the players filing in.
I didn't see any players in this year's video. And the band member flipped the banner. I remember the players flipping it from what I recall.

I didn't see any players in this year's video. And the band member flipped the banner. I remember the players flipping it from what I recall.

LOL. Nevermind. I thought the video was this years.

What did they say at the end of the fight song after "go Syracuse"? Couldn't make it out

They brought in the entire band to flip the banner on Friday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnpfXiX1K0Q

My daughter said that the trips to the Varsity are voluntary for band members, but everybody was so psyched about the game that nearly the entire band went. We kept the jackets for nearly the entire color guard on our table.

The Varsity tradition is something that's really cool. Especially the way that the manager had a such a hefty supply of pies across the street for the band members! He told us they had nothing else to serve when we walked in, and I could see why when we left.

The SUMB has traditionally flipped the banner for home wins for years. It is only recently that HCDM has had the players come and flip the banner for away games. It is completely optional, but as you saw, is usually well attended.

I was only there for one in the 80s. Floyd Little did the honors that day. Well worth being part of.

This is one of our great traditions, and we definitely need to honor the traditions that we have. Especially having the team go in there after big wins is a great touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom