Bar/restaurant recommendations near Secaucus? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bar/restaurant recommendations near Secaucus?

I know the area pretty well. I'm sitting here in Secaucus right now as I do for 40 hours every week. If I were you, I'd get out of this area. Drive or take a cab over to the NJ Transit rail station at Secaucus Juntion and take the train to either NYC or Hoboken. Either destination is about 15 minutes away.

I'm not a big fan of Hoboken, especially on a Friday evening, but that's just my opinion.

Go to NYC, you'll come up from Penn Station about 100 yards from the Blarney Rock, Start and end your evening there. Can't go wrong.
How much is the train ride from Secaucus to Penn Station?

I used to live in Weehawken which is basically between Hoboken and Secaucus and I can give you my opinion. Secaucus does have some decent restaurant's near all the hotels, my favorite is that area is Cheese Burgers in Paradise if you don't want to leave Secaucus. It has a nice bar and decent food IMO, it's a chain but always seems to have a festive atmosphere with bands etc. Taxi's and mass transit from that area is hard IMO. You might be better off driving if someone can be a dd.
If you do decide to go into Hoboken there are a couple places that I used to go that I'm sure are still fun. Black Bear was my favorite place for food, bar, and sports bar! Black Bear has a ton of TVs and usually has a great crowd. There are also a bunch of bars down by the PATH train that are decent. There's a place called Whiskey Cafe that is in Lyndhurst that is decent if you are looking for a younger scene.

dollarbill44 was correct...4 beans.
Just two stops from Harmon Meadow to Penn Station. A breeze if you are opposite rush hour, but plan on 90 minutes during rush hour. Bus picks up across from the Hyatt Place Secaucus on Plaza Drive, where I spend about 25-30 nights a year for work.

We will be staying at the Red Roof Inn in Secaucus for the Penn State game. For folks familiar with that general area, would you say that Hoboken is our best bet for dinner and drinks on Friday night?

If so, does anyone have any good restaurant and/or sports bar recommendations?

Thank you in advance.
Hoboken is fine but check for reservations Its a kind of jumping o Friday nights. I can't give you specific locations but if something sounds good to you it probably isn't unique to you so make the call and get some input from the selection itself.. Good luck and tip a glass in my direction .;)

I used to live in Weehawken which is basically between Hoboken and Secaucus and I can give you my opinion. Secaucus does have some decent restaurant's near all the hotels, my favorite is that area is Cheese Burgers in Paradise if you don't want to leave Secaucus. It has a nice bar and decent food IMO, it's a chain but always seems to have a festive atmosphere with bands etc. Taxi's and mass transit from that area is hard IMO. You might be better off driving if someone can be a dd.
If you do decide to go into Hoboken there are a couple places that I used to go that I'm sure are still fun. Black Bear was my favorite place for food, bar, and sports bar! Black Bear has a ton of TVs and usually has a great crowd. There are also a bunch of bars down by the PATH train that are decent. There's a place called Whiskey Cafe that is in Lyndhurst that is decent if you are looking for a younger scene.

The Cheeseburger in Paradise Restaurant looks good too...looks like a short drive on surface streets from the LaQuinta.

http://www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com/Cheeseburger-Locations/NJ/Secaucus/Overview.aspx

Last year we stayed at the Embassy Suites, walking distance to Cheese Burger in Paradise. Did our per gaming there and then hopped a cab to Met life. Pretty easy.
Yeah...I'm starting to like that idea. I don't think we'll get down to NJ until 7pm on Friday...check in and grab a burger and watch some FB on the TV. Get up early and make any last minute buys for the tailgate.

Yeah...I'm starting to like that idea. I don't think we'll get down to NJ until 7pm on Friday...check in and grab a burger and watch some FB on the TV. Get up early and make any last minute buys for the tailgate.
From what I remember, coming from the La Quinta , you take two rights coming out of the parking lot and you are there. I was scouting the road map in the Embassy to see how far away the La Quinta was as I knew that's where you guys were staying

Just two stops from Harmon Meadow to Penn Station. A breeze if you are opposite rush hour, but plan on 90 minutes during rush hour. Bus picks up across from the Hyatt Place Secaucus on Plaza Drive, where I spend about 25-30 nights a year for work.

That's the bus, the NJ Transit trains couldn't be any easier. Secaucus to NY Penn is one stop. $4.