Barclays Center Rims | Syracusefan.com

Barclays Center Rims

iommi

Living Legend
LaPhonso Ellis was harping on his belief that the rims are extremely tight at Barclays. He kept saying it whenever he was doing commentary. NBA/ Nets fans, any truth to that? I know we shot like crap in our game against South Carolina. I'm surprised because I thought NBA rims are known for being very soft. It struck me as odd.

Could be a factor if true since we rely so heavily on jumpers and three's.

Oh man, what color are the three point lines? I hope we recognize the difference between NBA and college.
I realize this may be a joke, but there is a special floor for the ACC Tournament, right?

LaPhonso Ellis was harping on his belief that the rims are extremely tight at Barclays. He kept saying it whenever he was doing commentary. NBA/ Nets fans, any truth to that? I know we shot like crap in our game against South Carolina. I'm surprised because I thought NBA rims are known for being very soft. It struck me as odd.

This article shows that since 1995, both the Nets and the visitor shoot a slightly better FT % at the Nets venue. But since 2012 when they moved into Barclays, both the Nets and visitors are averaging from 1-2% worse on their FTs. So maybe there is something to that.

inpredictable: Are there "shooter friendly" NBA arenas?

If Andrew White is shooting the way he did this past weekend, we won't have to worry about the rims, because he won't be touching the rim. But, yes, it would not be good if some of the shots that would normally fall at the dome are bouncing out. I hope our guys are ready for some long rebounds. Everybody should be putting a body on a man as soon as a shot goes up.

I realize this may be a joke, but there is a special floor for the ACC Tournament, right?

I didn't realize that at all. I didn't watch any of the games yesterday but just saw a highlight from yesterday that confirms there is indeed only one 3-point line. That bodes well for us.

Wait. What? The court size is nearly identical in NCAA and the NBA.

I think an NBA court is a perfect rectangle but the college court is a parallelogram.

upload_2017-3-8_9-36-40.png
upload_2017-3-8_9-36-58.png

Remember the old days when they just played on the floor of the venue. Then they started putting special decals. Now, it is a new floor. When I was a kid, you were lucky if they raked the dirt over the puddles of blood on the floor of the Coliseum between gladiator matches.
Miss those days when they played on the venue floor. They had to change it. I remember there being many "dead spots" on the floor in Worcester when we played Vermont.

I didn't realize that at all. I didn't watch any of the games yesterday but just saw a highlight from yesterday that confirms there is indeed only one 3-point line. That bodes well for us.

Barclays Center has a floor for the Nets, a floor for regular season college games, and this new floor for the ACCT.

I guess Ellis (a former college standout and NBA player) is a fool for mentioning it several times. I said I didn't know if it's true but Ellis kept harping on it. Why would he say that if that wasn't the reputation? And you guys are fools if you don't think certain venues have tight rims. Make all the sophomoric innuendos you want...

I'm most concerned by the NBA court size. Our zone is just not that used to being spread over surface area like that...
I'm most concerned about the possibility of Jay Z and Beyonce sitting courtside and then having to see them on TV!!!! I try to avoid that at all costs!!

All NBA rims are absolutely tighter. I think this is fine for us. We may miss some chip shots, though. So, Tyler and TT need to just slam it home.

Shooting wise, our shooters are swishing, or missing anyway. Long rebounds could be an issue. Guards can't leak out. They have to help rebound today.