Barclays Center Rims | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Barclays Center Rims

All NBA rims are absolutely tighter. I think this fine for us. We may miss some chip shots, though. Shooting wise, our shooters are swishing, or missing anyway. Long rebounds could be an issue. Guards can't leak out. They have to help rebound today.

Ellis was implying that Barclays' are even tight for NBA rims. Guess my post has validity.

Ellis was implying that Barclays' are even tight for NBA rims. Guess my post has validity.

Didn't realize that. I thought he was just harping on NBA rims in general. Some hoops in the NBA definitely are tighter. A new arena like that, probably does have some of the tightest. Luckily we shoot FTs well, and the 3 ball. This makes me feel better. Except like I said, our propensity to miss bunnies.

No one is talking about Miami - they struggle to score for the most part already and only have 2 really good shooters; Brown and Newton are better against M2M. This will effect them as well.

We will need Tyus and Gillon to go off the bounce a lot today. AW3 will probably be face guarded again

I just want LaPhonso Ellis to go 5 minutes on a broadcast without over laughing at his partner's lame jokes.

The rims will bother both teams equally and helps our zone as teams take more 3's against it.

I know we shot like crap in our game against South Carolina.
It's the lighting and the PA announcer.
Hopefully JAB had the team practicing under similar conditions...

No one is talking about Miami - they struggle to score for the most part already and only have 2 really good shooters; Brown and Newton are better against M2M. This will effect them as well.

We will need Tyus and Gillon to go off the bounce a lot today. AW3 will probably be face guarded again

Well, if it actually has a legit impact, it takes away our strength. Miami is not a good shooting team, regardless.

Look, I don't think this is a big deal. I just found it interesting that Ellis brought it up repeatedly.

What physically makes one venue's rim tighter than another? Is it just wear and tear?

I realize this may be a joke, but there is a special floor for the ACC Tournament, right?

In my defense, I just realized that I was thinking of MSG and our dismal shooting performance there this year. 23% from 3, and I attribute much of that to them looking down at their feet trying to determine if they are shooting from the right line.

In my defense, I just realized that I was thinking of MSG and our dismal shooting performance there this year. 23% from 3, and I attribute much of that to them looking down at their feet trying to determine if they are shooting from the right line.
No defense needed, it is a real concern when playing on NBA floors. You see guys all the time jacking up NBA threes. Sometimes I think they are doing it to show off.

Wait. What? The court size is nearly identical in NCAA and the NBA.
Not sure what's worse - the fact that you missed the sarcasm... or the insinuation that there is a very small difference in court size.

W
Not sure what's worse - the fact that you missed the sarcasm... or the insinuation that there is a very small difference in court size.
Well, again in my defense, I couldn't find any actual numbers to confirm the sizes of Barclays vs the Jim Boeheim court so I relied on some qualifying language.

LaPhonso Ellis was harping on his belief that the rims are extremely tight at Barclays. He kept saying it whenever he was doing commentary. NBA/ Nets fans, any truth to that? I know we shot like crap in our game against South Carolina. I'm surprised because I thought NBA rims are known for being very soft. It struck me as odd.

Could be a factor if true since we rely so heavily on jumpers and three's.
No wonder the Nets stink. It's the rims.

He mentioned it during the Pitt GT game. And as soon as he mentioned Cam Johnson 82% free throw shooter had one clang off the room. And his other free throw looked to be a swish but even that almost rolled out so i wouldnt be surprised

If Andrew White is shooting the way he did this past weekend, we won't have to worry about the rims, because he won't be touching the rim. But, yes, it would not be good if some of the shots that would normally fall at the dome are bouncing out. I hope our guys are ready for some long rebounds. Everybody should be putting a body on a man as soon as a shot goes up.

Since our road problems are almost exclusively poor defense related, I think tight rims helps us more than it hurts us.

Since our road problems are almost exclusively poor defense related, I think tight rims helps us more than it hurts us.
Good point. At the end of the day, both teams have to deal with whatever rims are in play and figure out how to score more than the opponent. I just hope our guys want it more.