barclays nov 26 | Syracusefan.com

barclays nov 26

wheres the pregame spot?
Some place we can watch Pitt/Syracuse game at 12:30. Have to be some good bars right outside arena. Haven't been there yet.

They also announced 2pm. That's what it says on my tix.

McMahon's Public House on 5th Avenue is the best spot with the most space. Food, drinks and plenty of TVs.

A bunch of good dive bars on that street too for postgame. If you're interested in walking a little further down 5th, 200 5th is another solid sports bar.

If anyone wants any more details on places to eat, etc., feel free to message me. Lived in the area for 10 years, recently moved in the last few months.

Bleachers on Flatbush
Maybe, but I'm always suspicious of an establishment which lacks a website in 2016.

Of the four places I checked out, this one, Pacific Standard, sounded best based strictly on the beer, cocktails and food menus and prices. Plus the website is easy to navigate. The one for The Montrose not only took me several times to get it to open, whoever wrote it can't spell "Caesar". Among other words. And the food and drinks were pricey, of course. Still, at least The Montrose HAS a website.

Pacific Standard Blog

Interesting game tonight 11/15

Monmouth at South Carolina... we play Monmouth this Friday.

Looks like both have decent teams.

Maybe, but I'm always suspicious of an establishment which lacks a website in 2016.

Of the four places I checked out, this one, Pacific Standard, sounded best based strictly on the beer, cocktails and food menus and prices. Plus the website is easy to navigate. The one for The Montrose not only took me several times to get it to open, whoever wrote it can't spell "Caesar". Among other words. And the food and drinks were pricey, of course. Still, at least The Montrose HAS a website.

Pacific Standard Blog

Montrose is expensive but very nice. Pacific Standard is a bit of a dive. Bleachers is pretty new, just opened last January. Only been in there once, a weird setup. Not a lot of space. I wouldn't recommend to be honest. There's a place right next door, Woodlawn, that's a little more conducive to sitting down and having drinks/watching a game. They have a few TVs above the bar - not a sports bar per se, but it works.

If you're willing to walk up Flatbush a bit further, Burrito Bar is a great place to get some margaritas and some good food. And if you're looking to go a little further up 5th, there is 200 5th which I mentioned before. If you don't mind not having TV's, a really good spot is Union Hall. You can play a little bocce ball indoors while you wait for the game to start.

Montrose is expensive but very nice. Pacific Standard is a bit of a dive. Bleachers is pretty new, just opened last January. Only been in there once, a weird setup. Not a lot of space. I wouldn't recommend to be honest. There's a place right next door, Woodlawn, that's a little more conducive to sitting down and having drinks/watching a game. They have a few TVs above the bar - not a sports bar per se, but it works.

If you're willing to walk up Flatbush a bit further, Burrito Bar is a great place to get some margaritas and some good food. And if you're looking to go a little further up 5th, there is 200 5th which I mentioned before. If you don't mind not having TV's, a really good spot is Union Hall. You can play a little bocce ball indoors while you wait for the game to start.
Just looked at the WoodlanD website (Woodlawn is a cemetery/park/neighborhood in the Bronx). It definitely is chi chi.

I guess it depends on people's moods and pocketbooks whether they go upscale or downscale. I don't think anyone on this board is afraid of going into a dive bar!

McMahon's Public House on 5th Avenue is the best spot with the most space. Food, drinks and plenty of TVs.

A bunch of good dive bars on that street too for postgame. If you're interested in walking a little further down 5th, 200 5th is another solid sports bar.

If anyone wants any more details on places to eat, etc., feel free to message me. Lived in the area for 10 years, recently moved in the last few months.

Mcmahons best spot for location and size.

I looked at the menu and you seem to be right. Good value for what you get. Just wish they specified what the beers, wines and cocktails were. But they are probably decent.

McMahon's Public House Brooklyn's Best Irish Bar Restaurant By Barclays

I don't know if this list is still accurate, but I copied this off Menupages:

Draft & Craft

Guinness
Smithwick's
Carlsberg
Brooklyn Lager
Brooklyn Seasonal
Captain Lawrence IAP
Coors Light
Six Point Sweet Action
Budweiser
Goose Island
IPA
Founders All Day IPA
Stella Artois
Sam Adams Seasonal
Blue Moon
Corona Light
Angry Orchard
Heineken
Rothenberger

Bottles

Budweiser
Bud Light
Coors Light
Michelob Ultra
Corona Extra
Amstel Light
Heineken
Heineken Light
Delirium Tremens
Weihenstephan

Anyone visiting the area and want a nice dinner after the game, check out Colonie. About a 10-15 minute walk fro Barclays, but well worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom