Barkley….. ugh…. | Syracusefan.com

Barkley….. ugh….

"If WMU can make some shots, they have a chance." -Sir Charles

"If WMU can make some shots, they have a chance." -Sir Charles

upload_2014-3-20_14-51-2.jpeg

eao1115 said:
I love him on TNT for the NBA, but he suuuucccccccks at college basketball commentary.

One of the many things I hate about CBS is that they have so many analysts who hate college basketball. I really hope ESPN gets the tournament one day.

I love him on TNT for the NBA, but he suuuucccccccks at college basketball commentary.
You think it might be because he doesn't prepare...obviously couldn't care less and is just doing it for a paycheck?
You think CBS might stop insulting fans by even putting him on?
Nooooo...they won't do that because Charles has "swagger."

Two fouls and the ball (the Flagrant 1 penalty), per Charles at the halftime of the Syracuse game, can "change the complexity of the game." He thinks fouling can be a good basketball play (which no one denies) -- but has no response to Kellogg's "than make a play at the ball."

One of the many things I hate about CBS is that they have so many analysts who hate college basketball. I really hope ESPN gets the tournament one day.

One of the many things I hate about CBS is that I'm watching this game in standard definition on my HD channel for some unknown reason.

Its not so much that they hate college basketball, its the fact that they don't watch any over the course of a season, and then try to cram at the last minute.

One of the many things I hate about CBS is that I'm watching this game in standard definition on my HD channel for some unknown reason.
I think that is the fault of your local carrier.

I think that is the fault of your local carrier.

Yeah, I guess that's right. Frustrating. Harvard's coming in clean right now; not sure why the local affiliate can't get it together.

OttoMets said:

You win. That's unacceptable.

I like Charles.

He sounds like a Grade-A moron talking about the Craft flagrant. Awful.

I thought he made sense the second time around.

That wasn't flagrant, he got tricked. The guy went high with the ball so he grabbed him. It's a smart basketball play.

I can see that argument.

I also like Charles. Not as much for the college, but the NBA stuff entertains me.

These nba guys are a joke, when Clark Kellogg is the voice of reason you are in trouble.

Clark Kellog is never the voice of reason. Never. He could be in studio with two Pauly Shore and Gilbert Gottfried and he still wouldn't be.

I thought he made sense the second time around.

That wasn't flagrant, he got tricked. The guy went high with the ball so he grabbed him. It's a smart basketball play.

I can see that argument.

I also like Charles. Not as much for the college, but the NBA stuff entertains me.
If you're trying to shoot a guy in the groin and he ducks down -- "I wasn't trying to hit him in the head" isn't a valid defense for killing him. Craft was going at his waist -- the hook is why he got the call -- regardless of where the Dayton guys' hands were going.

If you're trying to shoot a guy in the groin and he ducks down -- "I wasn't trying to hit him in the head" isn't a valid defense for killing him. Craft was going at his waist -- the hook is why he got the call -- regardless of where the Dayton guys' hands were going.

If I try to grab some chips, and you move the bowls and my hand ends up in the mashed potatoes - that's a valid defense for a party foul.

I'm just saying he made sense - there was nothing flagrant about it, guy made a nice move, he grabbed. We allow all sorts of nonsense in basketball...35% of all fouls on a run-out are probably intentional, we just pretend most of them aren't. Same with the end of game fouls.

I'm fine with the call, but I thought he made an interesting enough argument.

Barkley and Kenny Smith are both full of crap. You always get the obligatory Syracuse better look out bull and then Syracuse smokes an opponent who doesn't belong on the floor with the Cuse just like Montana last year.

Its not so much that they hate college basketball, its the fact that they don't watch any over the course of a season, and then try to cram at the last minute.

With Charles, don't get team factoids confused with cheeseburgers...

I am fairly certain his cramming involves mostly the latter...

Barkley and Kenny Smith are both full of crap. You always get the obligatory Syracuse better look out bull and then Syracuse smokes an opponent who doesn't belong on the floor with the Cuse just like Montana last year.

Then keep it coming.

Kenny with the old "zone with man-to-man principles" crap...that bothers me so much. It's like they're trying to make excuses for why the zone works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom