Barkley….. ugh…. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Barkley….. ugh….

With Charles, don't get team factoids confused with cheeseburgers...

I am fairly certain his cramming involves mostly the latter...

I like when Charles just referred to WMU as "that team." At least pretend you just watched the game! Have some respect. lol

Kenny with the old "zone with man-to-man principles" crap...that bothers me so much. It's like they're trying to make excuses for why the zone works.

He had to say it so often to counterbalance Barkley's nonsense about just sitting back in the zone. Clearly one of the them has never actually watched our team play.

So cerebral
I think the problem people have with him is that what he says sounds so simple...they do see the greater meaning in his words. the guy is a fuking sage and no one knows it.

I thought he made sense the second time around.

That wasn't flagrant, he got tricked. The guy went high with the ball so he grabbed him. It's a smart basketball play.

I can see that argument.

I also like Charles. Not as much for the college, but the NBA stuff entertains me.

By definition, that was "no attempt to play the ball." And you have to call it the first time it happens to send the message, otherwise, well, you know ...

Kenny Smith at least pretends he's watched college basketball and throws out some analysis that vaguely backs him up. I love Chuck but my god does his input just come off as lazy. It's the equivalent of a great actor just collecting a paycheck in a horrible movie.

I think the problem people have with him is that what he says sounds so simple...they do see the greater meaning in his words. the guy is a fuking sage and no one knows it.

He's the next Master Po ...

kungfudoyouhear.jpg

Kenny Smith at least pretends he's watched college basketball and throws out some analysis that vaguely backs him up. I love Chuck but my god does his input just come off as lazy. It's the equivalent of a great actor just collecting a paycheck in a horrible movie.

Honestly, today he sounded like he was annoyed at having to do the gig.

Kenny with the old "zone with man-to-man principles" crap...that bothers me so much. It's like they're trying to make excuses for why the zone works.

I'd suggest they just don't really know the how and the why of it, so they dribble off with hoary platitudes.

You have to realize that a 2-3 zone to NBA players is a hilarious concept

For me, I just don't get it. I know espn has all the big name "analysts", but I'd much rather get input from somebody more well know for the college end of things.
Barkley, Anthony, smith, and johnson just don't do it for me.

Give me a stud college player like a Gmac, coupled with a coach or two that are retired or out of the postseason all day over these guys.

You have to realize that a 2-3 zone to NBA players is a hilarious concept
They can't comprehend that your standard college level player would struggle scoring against that defense, because they played at the very highest level and were surrounded for years by other elite talents.

Maybe Idiot Savant , with 95% idiot and 5% savant

If I try to grab some chips, and you move the bowls and my hand ends up in the mashed potatoes - that's a valid defense for a party foul.

The finest parties in all the land have many bowls of mashed potatoes laying around for guests to enjoy!

Yeah, I guess that's right. Frustrating. Harvard's coming in clean right now; not sure why the local affiliate can't get it together.
I had the same problem with crappy HD viewing from Verizon FIOS. The NCAA stream was much better on my PC but the delay was awful.

I had the same problem with crappy HD viewing from Verizon FIOS. The NCAA stream was much better on my PC but the delay was awful.

Same, it was actually cleaner on the computer. Rough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom