Basketball Board starting it's mid summer sizzle | Syracusefan.com

Basketball Board starting it's mid summer sizzle

Flacusian

All Conference
It's after the 4th of July and activity on the board is beginning to pick up a bit which means we are over the early summer doldrums and although Football season is what is closest, with basketball recruiting entering it's next phase conjecture on the formation of the next class is heating up.

It's also exciting that the board is rapidly approaching 300,000 messages with just a little more than 4,000 to go it won't be long before the board reaches that milestone. I remember back in the days when it was virtually impossible to get any information at all on the upcoming season or to get any kind of pulse whatsoever as to what was happening with recruiting. I remember going and buying Athlelon magazines which covered recruiting and while most of the coverage was primarily football you were able to dig up a bone or two about basketball if you were lucky and most of it was dated material.

There is a lot about College Basketball which has changed and there is a lot of complaining about ways that the game has changed but one thing that has drastically improved is the amount of information which is available with regard to teams, players, recruiting and statistics. This board is in my opinion the best incarnation for staying plugged into all things Syracuse Basketball and I think the moderators and those responsible for setting this board up deserve a lot of credit. I know I appreciate it and if you think back to some of the other forums in the past and what's offered at some other locations... I'll mention no names... This place ROCKS in comparison.

Having lived in Florida now since 93 and having few chances to see Syracuse play, mostly limited to when they've played Florida or USF , this board is the lifeline for staying in touch with what's happening with the program. I'm looking forward to seeing the Cuse play in Tallahassee and although it's a 5 1/2 hour drive from Ocala you can bet I'll be there representing with a good sized contingent when it happens. Just a shout out to everyone who makes this such a great place to visit every day!!!

LGO

I was in Maine for 10 days. Just got home. Life without electronics, very little news. Such a vacation! When I finally got back on my computer, I was foggily stumbling around the web when suddenly I REMEMBERED syracusefan.com! I kid you not, I had forgotten about it! (So scary.) It was like the doors to Paradise opened up as I remembered my True Home. Ha ha! I am the Prodigal Orange Fan.

Talking about Football being next up: don't forget we have BONUS basketball this year in August!! I'm expecting a big time uptick in activity here regarding player improvements, freshman evaluation, substitution pattern dissection, man v zone debate (I kid, I kid), the relative quality of the Canadian schools compared to Clemson, analysis the the Carleton U's dance team rendition of "The Carlton," etc etc etc

I've always said that if you want to clear all the cobwebs out of your head, vacation in Maine. Plenty of open, private space, but close enough to a town or city if you need it. Beautiful and relaxing.

Truly God's country. Whether it's getting a local guy to take you striped bass fishing out of Booth Bay Harbor or checking out the go cart extravaganza in the Labor Day parade on Mt. Desert Island (Bar Harbor for the flatlanders) or just barnstorming over the rolling hills in Skowhegan, Maine is a paradise for those who visit. I was lucky enough to go up white water rafting on the Dead River with a bunch of my buddies years ago. They open the gates at the hydro electric plant and the river becomes a raging maelstrom of rapids, whirlpools and eddies. The guides gave us some brief instruction as to how to paddle and what the commands were and then told us the golden rule was that if the boat capsizes it is "A save your own a$$ type of program". The panicked person will drown you with them way before you save them.
As if that wasn't alarming enough, we looked up on the banks as we were being outfitted by the guides and noticed all the locals were setting up folding chairs and had coolers filled with beer and likely some harder stuff as well. I asked the guide what "those people" are doing and he snarkilly replied that they come down every time they open the hydro gates to watch all you flatlanders get hammered in the river while they watch the show from up on the banks. To make matters worse the guide had 6 fingers on each hand and his thumbs had an extra joint and were about 10" long. No lie! Somehow we managed to negotiate the river without any major catastrophe and looking back it was a really memorable TRIP.

Flacusian, did you hear banjos?
200.gif

Who would've thought both Syracuse football and Syracuse basketball in August?! Ahhh, now that should put smiles across all faces in CuseNation.

It's after the 4th of July and activity on the board is beginning to pick up a bit which means we are over the early summer doldrums and although Football season is what is closest, with basketball recruiting entering it's next phase conjecture on the formation of the next class is heating up.

It's also exciting that the board is rapidly approaching 300,000 messages with just a little more than 4,000 to go it won't be long before the board reaches that milestone. I remember back in the days when it was virtually impossible to get any information at all on the upcoming season or to get any kind of pulse whatsoever as to what was happening with recruiting. I remember going and buying Athlelon magazines which covered recruiting and while most of the coverage was primarily football you were able to dig up a bone or two about basketball if you were lucky and most of it was dated material.

There is a lot about College Basketball which has changed and there is a lot of complaining about ways that the game has changed but one thing that has drastically improved is the amount of information which is available with regard to teams, players, recruiting and statistics. This board is in my opinion the best incarnation for staying plugged into all things Syracuse Basketball and I think the moderators and those responsible for setting this board up deserve a lot of credit. I know I appreciate it and if you think back to some of the other forums in the past and what's offered at some other locations... I'll mention no names... This place ROCKS in comparison.

Having lived in Florida now since 93 and having few chances to see Syracuse play, mostly limited to when they've played Florida or USF , this board is the lifeline for staying in touch with what's happening with the program. I'm looking forward to seeing the Cuse play in Tallahassee and although it's a 5 1/2 hour drive from Ocala you can bet I'll be there representing with a good sized contingent when it happens. Just a shout out to everyone who makes this such a great place to visit every day!!!

LGO

That's a pretty decent Like to post ratio you got there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom