Basketball Fan Appreciation Weekend Oct 12-14. | Syracusefan.com

Basketball Fan Appreciation Weekend Oct 12-14.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse University Athletics is hosting a Basketball Fan Appreciation Weekend in the Carrier Dome with events scheduled on Friday, October 12, for the men's program and Sunday, October 14, for the women's team. Admission to both activities, including parking in the West Lots, is free.

Coach Jim Boeheim's squad will host the Orange vs. White game on Friday, October 12 at 7:00 p.m. in the Carrier Dome. Coach Quentin Hillsman and the Orange women will host their third annual 'Hoops-n-Scoops' practice and ice cream social event on Sunday, October 14 at 11:30 a.m. at the Carrier Dome.

Orange vs. White Game (Friday, October 12, 2018)

The Orange men will showcase a familiar roster of experienced players, which includes all five starters from last year's squad that reached the NCAA Tournament's "Sweet 16." The veterans on the team include senior guard Frank Howard, senior center Paschal Chukwu and junior guard Tyus Battle.

The team will take the floor at 7 p.m. for warm-ups and drills. The Orange vs. White game will tip off at 7:35 p.m. and will feature four, 15-minute running time quarters. The event will include student-related contests on the court, as well as post-scrimmage selfie stations with players and coaches.
The first 1,500 students will receive a free t-shirt and free food. The 2018-19 men's basketball poster will be available for the first time at Guest Services.

The courtside areas will be reserved for Syracuse University Student Elite Pass Holders and general public seating will be in the lower bowl behind the student areas.

Free parking in the West Lot will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Carrier Dome will welcome fans at Gates A, B, and C, beginning at 6:00 p.m. Students should enter at Gate F.

Hoops-n-Scoops (Sunday, October 14, 2018)
Fans can get their first glimpse of the 2018-19 women's squad in a full scrimmage beginning at 11:30 a.m. at the Carrier Dome. Following practice, Hillsman will address the fans. Selfie stations will be set up and ice cream will be served. Fans are asked to RSVP to cuse.com/hoopsnscoops for the ice cream social before Thursday, October 11.

All-ACC selection Tiana Mangakahia, who set a program and ACC record for assists in a season (304), leads a returning group that includes all five starters from last season. On top Syracuse's talented returning group that helped the Orange reach the NCAA Tournament for the sixth-straight season, Hillsman added a top-10 recruiting class this offseason.

All 2018-19 season ticket holders will receive an appreciation gift at the event.

Fans can enter the Carrier Dome through Gates A, B, and C.

Syracuse Announces Basketball Fan Appreciation Weekend - Syracuse University Athletics

Is the Orange vs White scrimmage going to be streamed anywhere?

I am going to Charlotte on Friday to help take care of my new grand baby - my DIL actually ASKED for my help (be still, my beating heart!) - and so won’t be able to go to the event. I hope very much that a few fans on the board will be able to attend and give us a full report that I will be reading at 2 a.m. while rocking a crying baby.

Please!

Is the event streamed? Or maybe an active twitter person sending pics and updates? Desperate to watch players and see what we have

Oh, and maybe more important for now, are any recruits attending? Thx

DpUA-1XVsAAZt5E.jpg

So, is Frank even going to be able to play at all in this?

I thought his recovery from his mystery LBI (high ankle sprain?) was going to take until Nov?

I'd love to watch this game tonite, but I'm not driving 3.5 hrs each way to do so.
IF SU isn't going to stream this somehow, hopefully somebody sets up a Periscope or other 'pirate' stream of it.

You'd think the school that claims to be the sports media Mecca would want to get some of their students a bit of real-world practice in a scenario like this... :rolleyes:

Mike Waters‏
Interesting lineups. Orange gets both Battle and Brissett. Frank Howard listed with White team, but not likely to play.

Hey guys I got a question for ya...I was thinking of going to the orange/white scrimmage but i have 2 little ones that i would be bringing along. One of which needs to be carried in. Where would the best place to park be? Also would we be able to bring in a diaper bag? (On website it says no backpacks) but I thought I read on the clear bag policy that diaper bags were permitted. Thanks guys!

So, is Frank even going to be able to play at all in this?

I thought his recovery from his mystery LBI (high ankle sprain?) was going to take until Nov?

I'd love to watch this game tonite, but I'm not driving 3.5 hrs each way to do so.
IF SU isn't going to stream this somehow, hopefully somebody sets up a Periscope or other 'pirate' stream of it.

You'd think the school that claims to be the sports media Mecca would want to get some of their students a bit of real-world practice in a scenario like this... :rolleyes:

Howard and Washington I doubt play. Probably why they’re at the bottom of the rosters.

Howard and Washington I doubt play. Probably why they’re at the bottom of the rosters.
Also, looks like the first five are starting five matched up by position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom