Basketball parking | Syracusefan.com

Basketball parking

TheHaze315

All American
If this isn’t the right place for this thread feel free to move it, mods. So long story short this is going to be my first year with season tickets for basketball, i’m a football guy through and through i’ve had season tickets for football for 10+ years. I usually park and do any tailgating at Skytop, so my question is 1. is parking available for basketball at Skytop and 2. any other recommendations for places to park? thanks in advance.

If this isn’t the right place for this thread feel free to move it, mods. So long story short this is going to be my first year with season tickets for basketball, i’m a football guy through and through i’ve had season tickets for football for 10+ years. I usually park and do any tailgating at Skytop, so my question is 1. is parking available for basketball at Skytop and 2. any other recommendations for places to park? thanks in advance.

1. You can park at Skytop.

2. Parking is also available for basketball in Manley South.

You looking at a permit, or are you going on a game-by-game basis?

The best parking is the cemetery. Easy walk through ESF to the Dome. Easy access to 81 North

1. You can park at Skytop.

2. Parking is also available for basketball in Manley South.

You looking at a permit, or are you going on a game-by-game basis?
A permit, just want to find a good place to park for the season.

The best parking is the cemetery. Easy walk through ESF to the Dome. Easy access to 81 North
Cemetery is not available for game day- requires a permit through the cemetery itself. They’re not easy to come by. Last I knew ( pre-COVID) there was a waiting list.

I feel like there are fewer of those little lots around than there used to be. There used to be one on University that was my go to. Not there anymore. More and more I’ve been parking on the street. Maybe Walnut? One of those over there.

Im not going in a garage and I’m not taking a shuttle.

Walnut for the win. The earlier you get there the earlier you get to park close to campus. Easy access to 81 off of Harrison. Walk is uphill when you still have pep in your step before the game and downhill after a few dome foams and a big win or tough loss.

Takes me 7 minutes to get home from Manley. It takes me forever to get home from the West lots.

All depends on where you hang your hat, I guess.

Pretty sure we live on opposite corners of the county.

It takes me 1 hour and 45 minutes once I get in my car in the west lot. I try to park in the very bottom lot in Standard and I get out pretty quick. You park close to Lawrinson and it will take a while.

Cemetery is not available for game day- requires a permit through the cemetery itself. They’re not easy to come by. Last I knew ( pre-COVID) there was a waiting list.
Understood. It’s still the best. Parked there forever when we had season tickets and my 1st year of law school.

This is not a joke? Does each plot get to charge their own rate?

Last edited:
parking at Manley and walking back thru the Cemetery got way better when the put up the huge flood lights.
night of the living dead zombie GIF

There is no parking at skytop for most hoops games. Manley only. Skytop gets used only if attendance is 30K plus.

If you live in the eastern suburbs and know your back streets you will encounter no traffic at all if you park in the cemetery.

This is not a joke? Does each plot get to charge their own rate?
It’s a NFP facility. The bucks go into the coffers. Covers all seasons. It’s worth being on the waiting list. I have taken the bus since we gave up out tickets and it’s not bad, but I was spoiled.

If you live in the eastern suburbs and know your back streets you will encounter no traffic at all if you park in the cemetery.
You can’t enter without a permit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom