Battle 2nd team All-ACC / Brissett All-Rookie team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle 2nd team All-ACC / Brissett All-Rookie team

Yeah but they had to choose someone from the team that won the conference by four games.
Yep! While I thought it would be no insult if UVa had no first teamers (in fact, it could have been viewed as vindication of the team's ethos), I imagine there were a number of voters that felt someone from Virginia had to be included. They [UVa] did finish four games ahead of Duke. That said, my choice would have been Devon Hall. He shot .458 overall, .437 from three, and .897 from the free throw line. He had 4.4 rebounds per game, and he had 96 assists to 29 turnovers (3.3 ratio). He also drew the opponent's best perimeter player as his defensive assignment, often shutting him down. As a result, he did make the All Defensive unit. He didn't have a particularly good offensive game at Syracuse, but he did have the flu and still played 33 minutes. He accomplished all of these things very quietly. Kyle Guy has a much higher profile, so it makes sense that those voters, who felt someone from Virginia should be on the first team, should also vote for him. As far as Berry is concerned, it's about time you become accustomed to the voting power of the media in North Carolina. It is not insignificant. (At least, I believe this was the media's poll. I believe the coaches' selections come later.)

We have an all acc defensive first team guard that averages 15 ppg that we “cannot wait” to move on.
"What you mean "We", white man"? No, that's just the delusional fringe. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom