Battle and Frankie combined for 14 points | Syracusefan.com

Battle and Frankie combined for 14 points

To be fair, they both hit big time shots down the stretch and Frank played well the last 8min or so. But the first 32min they were both awful.

I agree - to beat a good team with them being so bad for so long is a positive. We'll need Frank/Tyus/OB/Marek to all be really, really good on Sunday

And with an injured Chukwu going up and down the court shuffling his feet like a 70 year old woman on her power walk.

This team has guts!
9829C374-D5E2-4695-BED1-A015724883E3.jpeg

Marek is someone we can rely on now and teams will need to start to adjust to him. Hopefully that opens up the guards more

This is a good point. I am a little skeptical dolezaj has another game like this in him this year but the threat should change some game plans and hopefully open things up for the big 3.

Defense yes but you have to pray for some ineptness on offense and them just missing open shots when our offense is so godawful. TCU and ASU did PLENTY of that.

I don’t care what Boeheim said. ASU gave up 79 to Oregon St, 84 to Stanford, 97(!) to Colorado, and 75 to Oregon the past three weeks. TCU is not a great defensive team. Around 100 in KenPom Adj D. Are we that bad? Probably. You can’t have guards not being able to attack like what Spanarkel and Ian were saying.

Hats off to Marek and Oshae! Chukwu for some of those FTs and his rebounds. Survive and advance!!

Buddy isn't going to play like those other guys.

Do we have the ability to draw up and execute plays where Buddy can get open? Aside from a simple drive and kick (likely with Carey)?

Defense yes but you have to pray for some ineptness on offense and them just missing open shots when our offense is so godawful. TCU and ASU did PLENTY of that.

I don’t care what Boeheim said. ASU gave up 79 to Oregon St, 84 to Stanford, 97(!) to Colorado, and 75 to Oregon the past three weeks. TCU is not a great defensive team. Around 100 in KenPom Adj D. Are we that bad? Probably. You can’t have guards not being able to attack like what Spanarkel and Ian were saying.

Hats off to Marek and Oshae! Chukwu for some of those FTs and his rebounds. Survive and advance!!

We need to pray? Are you serious?

Our defense is ELITE. Go home if you are a doubter at this point.

one of our best defensive backcourts. and doing it 40 minutes each

The last couple minutes of the last two games, our end game “scramble” defense has been unbelievable. Not just Frank and Tyus but the whole team. They can’t play like that for 40 because they’d be spent by halftime. But when it’s needed late, it’s a thing of beauty. Props to Matt.

Do we have the ability to draw up and execute plays where Buddy can get open? Aside from a simple drive and kick (likely with Carey)?
Well, the guy has been coaching for 42 years and winning at a very successful rate so my answer would be of course. I just don't think with Carey, Howard and Hughes, Buddy will get a lot of minutes. Can't even say well throw Hughes at the 3 some. We have Bazley, OB and Marek. And Moyer as well if he is still here.

The last couple minutes of the last two games, our end game “scramble” defense has been unbelievable. Not just Frank and Tyus but the whole team. They can’t play like that for 40 because they’d be spent by halftime. But when it’s needed late, it’s a thing of beauty. Props to Matt.
I have to agree. There was nothing for either school to find. ASU got a shot and I suppose you could say we prayed that he missed (I did) but the defense was suburb on that and the time before that.

We didn't allow a million open looks from the corner (after the first 5-6 minutes) and nothing on the baseline. Kudos to Oshae and Marek for playing a lot better on D tonight.

Well, the guy has been coaching for 42 years and winning at a very successful rate so my answer would be of course. I just don't think with Carey, Howard and Hughes, Buddy will get a lot of minutes. Can't even say well throw Hughes at the 3 some. We have Bazley, OB and Marek. And Moyer as well if he is still here.
I hope you haven't heard anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom