Battle and Frankie combined for 14 points | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle and Frankie combined for 14 points

Defense yes but you have to pray for some ineptness on offense and them just missing open shots when our offense is so godawful. TCU and ASU did PLENTY of that.

I don’t care what Boeheim said. ASU gave up 79 to Oregon St, 84 to Stanford, 97(!) to Colorado, and 75 to Oregon the past three weeks. TCU is not a great defensive team. Around 100 in KenPom Adj D. Are we that bad? Probably. You can’t have guards not being able to attack like what Spanarkel and Ian were saying.

Hats off to Marek and Oshae! Chukwu for some of those FTs and his rebounds. Survive and advance!!

SU 57
TCU 52

Last edited:
We need to pray? Are you serious?

Our defense is ELITE. Go home if you are a doubter at this point.

The defense isn’t the point, duh. It’s been very solid the past two games. The point is that we are holding these teams to like almost 30 pts below their average and it is a rock fight/50-50. Then you have to pray in hopes of scraping together some semblance of a set and/or not some terrible shot! We’re not talking about good defensive teams here.

Encouraging to get this win and Marek being able to step up like that. Man he was huge. Boeheim said it in the presser that the guards didn’t do anything and they couldn’t get around anybody. Gonna be extremely tough Sun but the season was already a success last Sun.

Last edited:
Do we have the ability to draw up and execute plays where Buddy can get open? Aside from a simple drive and kick (likely with Carey)?

JB has had Buddy running the bleachers since he was six just so he could take as many screens as a freshman as Andy Rautins did his whole career...

Buddy leads the team in 3pt makes next year. He makes 4 layups all season long.

The last couple minutes of the last two games, our end game “scramble” defense has been unbelievable. Not just Frank and Tyus but the whole team. They can’t play like that for 40 because they’d be spent by halftime. But when it’s needed late, it’s a thing of beauty. Props to Matt.

Reminds me of against Gonzaga two years ago.

Thinking back on the past two games it’s almost mind boggling that we won. Not a thing of beauty but somehow we just grind it out. The D clamps down and we slowly just stay close then close it out at the end with some big buckets. We’re forcing teams to take tough shots right now and they’re missing when needed. I think we can wear down MSU too but worried about fatigue.

Thinking back on the past two games it’s almost mind boggling that we won. Not a thing of beauty but somehow we just grind it out. The D clamps down and we slowly just stay close then close it out at the end with some big buckets. We’re forcing teams to take tough shots right now and they’re missing when needed. I think we can wear down MSU too but worried about fatigue.
According to Barkley they were easy shots.

He's fine talking about the NBA. But his college takes are turrible.
I don’t watch the nba, so I will take your word for it. I have to turn the channel when he’s talking. His nonsense about zone defense had his peers trying to figure out what he was saying was unbelievable. I think they let it drop because none of it made sense.

Barkley is a dunce. Unwatchable. The fact a network pays him to give opinions is criminal
Idiotic perspectives as per that whole “the zone is the easiest defense to play against” nonsense.
You’d think after watching team after team get stymied by JB over the years, he’d finally acknowledge that this is not your typical 2-3. Unreal.

This team is so bad offensively and so good defensively, the best comparison I can think of is the 2010 football team. That year, the D kept us in games, and the offense ground out enough points on enough occasions to allow for a winning record.

It really is amazing. We're winning pretty much ONLY because Boeheim's system is so much better than other systems, and Boeheim is so much better than other coaches. We can't even field half a healthy team at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom