Battle mid-range jumper is NBA ready | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle mid-range jumper is NBA ready

I think he makes a team and sticks. Kid just has it.

I get it tho, you don't think Tyus is NBA caliber and you think he sucks.

I mean, there's a huge gap between "NBA caliber" and "sucks". Pointing out a player's deficiencies does not mean that the poster think he sucks, just like complementing him on what he does very well doesn't mean he's going to play in the NBA.

I asked for a spray chart from a game, not the best perimeter shooters in the game lol. There's a difference. Maybe you can show me a spray chart from Shaq from 20 years ago and argue that Tyus doesn't have enough dunks in his game lol. This was hilarious. I get it tho, you don't think Tyus is NBA caliber and you think he sucks.
Nah, you miss my point. I was showing you the shot chart of 2 players who are emblematic of where the NBA is trying to go. One is a player who has the ball in his hands a lot (Harden), the other is a player who plays a role that GM's probably hope Tyus can fill.

Sure, I could show you a game spray chart and there would be some mid-range shots in there, but that would be deceiving because the 2 types of mid-range shots that it would show would be big men shooting post mid-range 2s (Lamarcus Aldridge) and point guards taking wide open mid-rangers out of the pick and roll because the roll man sucked both defenders and they're guarding the rim (Russell Westbrook). Constested iso 2's which is the shot you are referring to that Battle has, either don't exist in the NBA or will get you benched unless you're KD.

I don't think Tyus sucks. I do think he has a decent shot in the NBA. I just don't think that NBA GM's are gonna see his contested iso mid-range prowess and think "Oh yeah, that's what I need in my offense, now I know Tyus can contribute". If anything, Tyus's appeal to GM's will be in his projected ability to play strong perimeter man-to-man D, his ability to get to the rack in a straight line when a defender is closing out after helping off of a dominant scorer, and his ability to IMPROVE his 3pt jump shot (his strong mid-range and FT shooting show that there is 3pt potential there).