Battle of the Unbeatens | Syracusefan.com

Battle of the Unbeatens

orange2win

2nd String
The December 28 game with Nova will likely be the last battle of the unbeatens in the country this year. Ohio St. vs Wisconsin on Feb 1 and Arizona vs Oregon Feb 6 are the only other possibilities. Unlikely all four of these teams will survive that long.

Nova has 4 guys averaging 10+ ppg. So do we.
Nova has knocked off the #2 (Kansas). We have knocked off the #18 (Baylor)
Big weakness to be exploited is size. Nova has just one guy +6'-8" and he is not very good.

Dec. 28 looms - Best of the BE vs the best of the ACC. Statistically speaking of course.

Let's call it like it is, though: Nova beat Kansas who was at the time #2, and has since been exposed a bit, and has fallen to #18. Baylor, however, has just 1 loss (to us) and has climbed to #12 on the strength of two top-25 wins (Colorado and UK).

Let's call it like it is, though: Nova beat Kansas who was at the time #2, and has since been exposed a bit, and has fallen to #18. Baylor, however, has just 1 loss (to us) and has climbed to #12 on the strength of two top-25 wins (Colorado and UK).

True but Nova also beat Iowa who only lost to them and undefeated Iowa Sy. A game that Iowa easily could have won on the roads.

True but Nova also beat Iowa who only lost to them and undefeated Iowa Sy. A game that Iowa easily could have won on the roads.

Ya I'm still taking Kansas over Baylor on a neutral floor.

Ya I'm still taking Kansas over Baylor on a neutral floor.

That would be an interesting game. I think both are good in different ways. Austin could drag the shot blocker away from the basket which is something most teams cannot due plus they would still have Jefferson posting up. Also Kansas has struggled to shot the basketball and Baylor plays a lot of zone. Also Kansas doesn't have steady guard play that will consistently break down any defense IMO. I'm not sure Baylor has anyone to check Wiggins (but who does) and they struggled with CJ as well. Kansas has more talent but is also younger and more disjointed than Baylor. I really think Austin would cause problems for KU's young big's. Nuetral court right now I'd take Baylor in a close one. In a month or two maybe KU.

The December 28 game with Nova will likely be the last battle of the unbeatens in the country this year. Ohio St. vs Wisconsin on Feb 1 and Arizona vs Oregon Feb 6 are the only other possibilities. Unlikely all four of these teams will survive that long.

Nova has 4 guys averaging 10+ ppg. So do we.
Nova has knocked off the #2 (Kansas). We have knocked off the #18 (Baylor)
Big weakness to be exploited is size. Nova has just one guy +6'-8" and he is not very good.

Dec. 28 looms - Best of the BE vs the best of the ACC. Statistically speaking of course.

Actually, there's another battle of unbeatens that's possible - Pitt @ SU on 1/18/14. It's not as long of a shot of happening as Ohio St/Wisconsin and Zona/Oregon but obviously not as likely as Nova/SU.

'Twould be great to see two 17-0 teams take the court that day.

Actually, there's another battle of unbeatens that's possible - Pitt @ SU on 1/18/14. It's not as long of a shot of happening as Ohio St/Wisconsin and Zona/Oregon but obviously not as likely as Nova/SU.

except Pitt just lost

The more L's Pitt has the better. Those queens of the regular season could have stayed in the ACK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom