Battle or Brisset if you were NBA GM? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle or Brisset if you were NBA GM?

Giannis - that guy is something else

But for your question, I pick Battle. I feel like OB might have the higher ceiling, but what are the odds he gets there? 10%? Battle also has an intensity that OB lacks

I wouldn't imagine either comes close.

However, I'll go with Brissett just to be contrary. I still think he has a lot in the toolbox, it just hasn't quite come together for him yet. It likely never will, but Tyus seems like a finished product, and that product doesn't seem to translate all that well into the NBA - unless he's some insane lockdown defender.

Who has the higher ceiling and ultimate NBA potential as prospect? OSHAE

Who’s game can translate more to the NBA? OSHAE

Who is the better value pick right now? BATTLE

If I actually had to pick one knowing I'd have them for five years, and have to use them in some bizarre scenario like that, I'd take Tyus all day...as he could compete and not embarrass himself.

I'm surprised that it's so heavily slanted toward Battle. I'm with you, though, any value he has is tied to his ability to be a lock down defender, which he may have the potential to become. If he is really good defensively and continues to handle the ball OK, then he could be of value to someone. We know he's a hard-worker and smart kid, so that plays in his favor as well. If he's not a really good defender, however, I'm not really sure it works b/c I don't think he'll be able to get to the rim at that level with any sort of consistency.

Brissett to me is at least in the same neighborhood as a prospect and I could see an argument for him being a better prospect. I mean, he has athleticism and size and he can play strong at times. He doesn't have super quick feet but he can move his feet and potentially defend and rebound OK. He's also shown the ability to shoot at times (his ACC numbers in 17-18 were really solid from three -- like 38% or something).

So I feel like there is something to work with but he's much rawer in terms of his skills.

Either way, however, it's tough to imagine either getting drafted.

depends on what my g league coach wants

I draft* Brisset thinking he will develop into something in a few years? Maybe? I mean maybe if the final piece to my puzzle is a guy who excells at nailing two pointers just inside the 3 point line I take Tyus.

I draft* Brisset thinking he will develop into something in a few years? Maybe? I mean maybe if the final piece to my puzzle is a guy who excells at nailing two pointers just inside the 3 point line I take Tyus.

That logic makes a lot of sense.

Swing for the fences with a second round pick on a prospect with high major athleticism / high ceiling who hasn't actualized potential-- Brissett

Plug and play cheap bench 3-and-D depth -- Battle

That logic makes a lot of sense.

Swing for the fences with a second round pick on a prospect with high major athleticism / high ceiling who hasn't actualized potential-- Brissett

Plug and play cheap bench 3-and-D depth -- Battle
Disagree I think battle has a higher ceiling because his skills are better and his athleticism is right there with Brisset and he has the size for his tposition unlike Brisset does for his In the NBA

This is nothing against Oshea, or any of these past players. But I don’t see how he’s any more of an NBA prospect than guys like Luke Jackson, Todd Burgan, Kueth Duany were. I’m certainly no scout, but...I just don’t see it.

Tyus - even if the ceiling isn’t real high, I would be confident he would at least belong on the court and be able to hold his own in an NBA game if he were to get a chance.

Disagree I think battle has a higher ceiling because his skills are better and his athleticism is right there with Brisset and he has the size for his tposition unlike Brisset does for his In the NBA

I think we're misaligned on semantics. Battle has a lower ceiling, but he's a lot closer to actualizing his potential than Brissett. He's closer to a finished product, whereas Brissett could get a whole lot better [that doesn't mean he will].

Obviously, Battle could refine aspects of his game -- ball handling, shooting from three, etc. And I think he has a greater shot at making a roster today, at each players' respective level of refinement, than Brissett.

Neither will be drafted but if either is, it will be Brissett. the NBA was more interested in him last year. I don't think battles shot will ever be of NBA caliber but Oshae could develop into a borderline player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom