Battle running point | Syracusefan.com

Battle running point

Cusesky8214

Living Legend
It's been talked about a little on some other threads but thought it deserved it's own. I personally like battle bringing the ball up and Frank playing off the ball at times. Seems like JB has been trying this out more the past 2 games. Sometimes we need frank to control the game/tempo but man battle has looked awesome getting up court fast and getting to his spots. He has been in attack mode and I think it's been good for our offense to get into something quickly. Obviously some defenses wont let us play like this but I definitely see a team that's improving and trying to push the ball up court. I feel WAY more confident watching battle bring the ball up when pressured then frank. He is our best ball handler by far. Only downside is I think carey's minutes are going to suffer a bit. I'm sure he will have his time but definitely might be a frustrating season for him. Hopefully he handles it well. Not easy being a freshman on a experienced team. Heck, quinerly and swider are going through the same thing.

It's been talked about a little on some other threads but thought it deserved it's own. I personally like battle bringing the ball up and Frank playing off the ball at times. Seems like JB has been trying this out more the past 2 games. Sometimes we need frank to control the game/tempo but man battle has looked awesome getting up court fast and getting to his spots. He has been in attack mode and I think it's been good for our offense to get into something quickly. Obviously some defenses wont let us play like this but I definitely see a team that's improving and trying to push the ball up court. I feel WAY more confident watching battle bring the ball up when pressured then frank. He is our best ball handler by far. Only downside is I think carey's minutes are going to suffer a bit. I'm sure he will have his time but definitely might be a frustrating season for him. Hopefully he handles it well. Not easy being a freshman on a experienced team. Heck, quinerly and swider are going through the same thing.

As Jb has said a couple times including yesterday, Tyus gets the ball early downcourt, not to be the pg per se, but to just take it and go on his own. They don’t have to look for him because he’s got the ball already. He’s not getting us into an offense nor calling out any plays, just get it and go go go. Works for short periods because he’s so good in beast mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom