Battle | Syracusefan.com

Battle

Once he got healthy and he had a little success taking it to the basket, this kid has made a remarkable jump offensively. Oh, and his defense at the top of the zone has been outstanding, too. As JB said in the preseason, Battle is an NBA talent.

He was magnificent attacking the basket. Our chances of winning increase by an order of magnitude if we can diversify our offense and not just pray that one of our players gets NBA Jam-hot from outside.

He looked a hell of a lot like Malachi Richardson in this game. I bet the UVA fans were like who the F is this guy??

This is not to downplay Battle in any way. But Malachi was doing it on Brogdon which was improbable.

Those guards that UVA needed out there for their offense...they had no chance against Battle. Glad we were able to exploit it! It reminded me of when Indiana's little guards had no chance against Triche and MCW.

He was magnificent attacking the basket. Our chances of winning increase by an order of magnitude if we can diversify our offense and not just pray that one of our players gets NBA Jam-hot from outside.

Oddly, I played some other similar arcade game last night, I forget the name. I was Ewing and Starks, my buddy was the Bulls, which he joked "Jordan was too good" to appear in the game for whatever reason. I joked maybe it was during one of his retirements. Maybe it was NBA jam, but it didnt say that "hes on fire" or whatever.

A little funny that he got big-footed by the coach and the "1,000th" win so he was never heard from in post game ESPN interview.
Not intentional...that's the way live TV goes.

JB tried to end it after each of his responses to give Tyus a piece of the light, but the interviewer just kept asking more questions. As you said, that's the way it goes. :noidea:

Oddly, I played some other similar arcade game last night, I forget the name. I was Ewing and Starks, my buddy was the Bulls, which he joked "Jordan was too good" to appear in the game for whatever reason. I joked maybe it was during one of his retirements. Maybe it was NBA jam, but it didnt say that "hes on fire" or whatever.

Jordan wasn't in NBA Jam, and he wasn't in NBA Live a few years later even though he was back in the league. However in NBA Live you could start to create him and he would automatically show up without his name, but with his obvious characteristics. Definitely some licensing issue of some kind where Jordan must've had a deal with another company.

He looked a hell of a lot like Malachi Richardson in this game. I bet the UVA fans were like who the F is this guy??
I know I'll get killed for this, but when I watch Battle handle the ball and create a shot for himself off the stepback or on the drive, he reminds me of Kobe. He doesn't have the same level of explosiveness and athleticism, but physically they are similar.

it was actually humorous watching Jerome try to defend TB on a few of those drives

Yup. And Gillon had some big drives on Guy too. If we had started attacking them that way earlier and Gillon had gotten himself into a groove, he could've had a big game too. The ball screens were completely shut down, but once we spaced the floor and gave our guards room, it was a different game. As it stands, Gillon made some very timely plays.

I know I'll get killed for this, but when I watch Battle handle the ball and create a shot for himself off the stepback or on the drive, he reminds me of Kobe. He doesn't have the same level of explosiveness and athleticism, but physically they are similar.

He will be our best scorer since Carmelo next year, IMO.

i

Tyus Battle: career-high 23 pts. Battle had 24 pts in his last 3 games combined

icon-espn-e-@2x.png

NCAAM 30m

Jeff BorzelloESPN Staff Writer

Syracuse's Tyus Battle has now scored at least 13 points in six of his last 10 games -- with a career-high 23 today. Battle scored in double-figures just three times in the first 15 games. Also playing nearly every minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom