Battle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle

A little funny that he got big-footed by the coach and the "1,000th" win so he was never heard from in post game ESPN interview.
Not intentional...that's the way live TV goes.
Gives him a reason to come back next year;)-VBOF

Huge mistake by Bennett to put Perrantes on White and not either Gillon or Battle down the end.

Not really. He was just merely screwed. A more open White probably would have done more damage, too, heh.

some great pull-ups on display by Tyus especially, maybe even a floater(?), can't remember, on drives that other cats would commit the offensive.

He's so talented. I can't wait to see him put it all together on a consistent basis. He can shoot the 3, shoot the mid range off the dribble, finish at the basket, handle the ball, drive, and at times is a terror on defense too.

honestly, I think JB should promise him the full-time lead guard role for next season - I think with a little refinement of his handle in the offseason he'll handle it just fine, and it would help keep him here for another year

^^^^^This. Couldn't agree more. No decent PG returning, missed on any incoming freshman PG who could be ready right away. Need Battle to return. He supposedly wanted to play PG when he decided to come here. It's all lining up. Just do it! He will be the best player on our team and we will want the ball in his hands as much as possible! It will help his overall growth as a player, it will help his draft stock, and it will help our team!

honestly, I think JB should promise him the full-time lead guard role for next season - I think with a little refinement of his handle in the offseason he'll handle it just fine, and it would help keep him here for another year
If you have guys with solid ball skills at the 2 and 3, I could see it working.

^^^^^This. Couldn't agree more. No decent PG returning, missed on any incoming freshman PG who could be ready right away. Need Battle to return. He supposedly wanted to play PG when he decided to come here. It's all lining up. Just do it! He will be the best player on our team and we will want the ball in his hands as much as possible! It will help his overall growth as a player, it will help his draft stock, and it will help our team!

He did not want to play point guard necessarily but wouldn't have denied the possibility. He and his dad were promised that the ball would be in Tyus's hand, meaning he'd have a huge role in the offense and get plenty of touches. Today, we advanced that even more, doing several clear-outs for Tyus. He has been given a huge spotlight, playing big minutes. I'm sure he's very happy. He's capable of playing point guard but he's better as a wing at this stage.

With another off-season of development, he could handle point guard if that's in our best interests. It could be in his. We shall see.

There were a couple of drives where Battle was lightning bolt to the basket. The speed was amazing! If we still have him next year he's going to be incredible.

Tony would do well to figure out how to coach the premature celebration out of Perrantes and kid man bun when they build a lead.

Man bun was sporting some do. His hair was special.

Not really. He was just merely screwed. A more open White probably would have done more damage, too, heh.

Not true. The other guards can defend the jump shot as well as Stinky Finger if not better because they are taller, they just couldn't keep Battle and Gillon from driving. That was the killer.

Huge mistake by Bennett to put Perrantes on White and not either Gillon or Battle down the end.

Agreed. UVa plays outstanding team defense, but spreading them out and letting some of their less athletic players match up and try to get stops one-on-one gets them away from what they do well. Thankfully, our guys capitalized and took advantage of those matchups. That enabled us to trade baskets with them for the last six minutes of the game, without them ever quite getting over the hump.

Hats off to our players for making plays when the game was on the line. UVa is not an easy team to [1] come back against when you're down big, or [2] force into turning the ball over. We did both today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom