Battle | Syracusefan.com

Battle

kcsu

Living Legend
Boy are we lucky he came back. I honestly dont think we would be at 500 without him. He has carried this team the last two years and we dont have anyone who can come close to replacing him. I know we all hope for a Big. I think we need a grad kid who can light it up.

I mean Hughes another year can come close imo. I dont think we’re that talent deprived.

Between ED and Battle, I cannot think of a year when I wasn't so thankful to have 2 players for one last ride.

I mean Hughes another year can come close imo. I dont think we’re that talent deprived.
Hughes is one dimensional. He is a good player but not even close to Tyus in talent. Tyus can and has taken over games against the best teams in the country. We dont have any other player remotely close to his ability.

Hughes is one dimensional. He is a good player but not even close to Tyus in talent. Tyus can and has taken over games against the best teams in the country. We dont have any other player remotely close to his ability.
What’d you mean one dimensional? Sure, his strength is his beautiful shot. We’ve seen him drive and finish. We’ve seen him slam home dunks. He can spot up. He contests shots with more physicality than anyone on our team.

I think he’s capable of nearing Tyus’ production, just gotta see how he adjusts in year 2. The talents there. Kids got attitude too,

Sure he’s lacking the same consistency he shows OOC, but this is his intro to the ACC.

Last edited:
Hughes is a small forward with tremendous offensive skills, and while most dangerous as a deep shooter, he has shown the ability to succesfully get the basket. He is also developing into a solid defender, and has shown flashes of excellent rebounding. I wouldn't consider his game one dimensional at all.

What’d you mean one dimensional? Sure, his strength is his beautiful shot. We’ve seen him drive and finish. We’ve seen him slam home dunks. He can spot up. He contests shots with more physicality than anyone on our team.

I think he’s capable of nearing Tyus’ production, just gotta see how he adjusts in year 2. The talents there. Kids got attitude too,

Sure he’s lacking the same consistency he shows OOC this in 2017, but this is his intro to the ACC.
He is mostly a shooter. He isnt capable of taking his guy off the dribble as his handle is weak.

He is mostly a shooter. He isnt capable of taking his guy off the dribble as his handle is weak.
He drove through the entire BC defense for a layup last night. He’s capable, he’s just more dangerous along the perimeter which i am fine with. He’s not a Cooney/Dirty type player. Much more like Gbinije or Wes.

He drove through the entire BC defense for a layup last night. He’s capable, he’s just more dangerous along the perimeter which i am fine with. He’s not a Cooney/Dirty type player. Much more like Gbinije or Wes.
at this point he is more apt to dribble it off his leg or lose his handle than he is to take someone off the bounce and finish at the rim. I think he is a good player but his handle is atrocious.

His judgment is bad about putting the ball down in traffic. His reboundin* was poor last night. He needs to do more than just shoot.

last night was the tyus battle show. he gets the ball he's going hard to the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom