my two cents | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

McCord makes this year fun
It'll be a good first year
But it won't be as good as it should be when you have a QB this good
EXACTLY Pat, you summed it up in 4 sentences what took me four paragraphs! Kudos my good man.

I think defensive head coaches are generally too focused on what is best for the defense in absolute terms and not what's best for the team relative to the other team

Calling a timeout helps the defense so they do it. An offensive coach is more likely in my opinion to consider if it helps the other teams offense more than it helps you

Punt decisions are often made thinking of how hard it would be for the defense to potentially defend a short field.

I'm talking generally here

It's not awful to call timeout, not killing him for that by itself but it just didn't seem like it accomplished a thing while it had to have helped Stanford
I recall Scott Shafer calling TO following a sack of the Central Michigan QB Cooper Rush in the SU redzone with virtually no time remaining, the clock running and with CMU without a TO.

Given the time to prepare, Rush threw a TD pass to send the game to OT. (The Dungey concussion game in 2015).

I was and remain dumbfounded by Shafer's decision to call TO.

I recall Scott Shafer calling TO following a sack of the Central Michigan QB Cooper Rush in the SU redzone with virtually no time remaining, the clock running and with CMU without a TO.

Given the time to prepare, Rush threw a TD pass to send the game to OT. (The Dungey concussion game in 2015).

I can't even remember that they played central Michigan under Shafer. Those years have gone dark for me. Funny what we remember in vivid detail and what vanishes entirely

I think I remember that coach was a dirt bag with a dirty team

Defensive timeout has become a drinking game joke for Bills fans online, McDermott is that kind of defensive coordinator

I can't even remember that they played central Michigan under Shafer. Those years have gone dark for me. Funny what we remember in vivid detail and what vanishes entirely

I think I remember that coach was a dirt bag with a dirty team

Defensive timeout has become a drinking game joke for Bills fans online, McDermott is that kind of defensive coordinator
The Central Michigan hit of frosh QB Dungey was as dirty a hit as I have ever seen.

I have little doubt the CMU coaches put a bounty on Eric.

Yuck!!!

I think defensive head coaches are generally too focused on what is best for the defense in absolute terms and not what's best for the team relative to the other team

Calling a timeout helps the defense so they do it. An offensive coach is more likely in my opinion to consider if it helps the other teams offense more than it helps you

Punt decisions are often made thinking of how hard it would be for the defense to potentially defend a short field.

I'm talking generally here

It's not awful to call timeout, not killing him for that by itself but it just didn't seem like it accomplished a thing while it had to have helped Stanford
I'm not sure we know who it helped because we don't know what defense we initially called. We know the defense they called after the timeout was dumb. Anything not paying more attention to their most dangerous threat and/or applying pressure to make the QB get rid of early is dumb.

Fadil has been moved around all 3 games

Meeks has been situationally good and benefits from the attention given to OG, Pena

Dan at the wildcat?? Any plan that takes McCord off the field is...not good

Pena has been the most consistent and productive WR of the group. Teams have to game plan for him. Giving him "run" at RB would be counterproductive and expose him to unnecessary risk

Getting play makers more involved = water is wet
Yeah swapping McCord for Dan would um be um interesting. Based off the first 3 games I am starting to wonder who can replace Dan at his normal position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom