Baye 3 second call. | Syracusefan.com

Baye 3 second call.

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Did anyone else notice the exchange between Baye and one of the officials after the fourth foul was called on Baye? I imagine Keita said something since, as he took his position on the lane the official seemed to be ripping into him. Baye put his head down and Dirty reached over to pat him on the back and the ref lit into James. Was still yammering as Sampson missed the first free throw. Promptly went down to the other end of the floor and whistled Baye for three seconds before the offense even started to attack. One of the worst examples of an official thinking he was bigger than the game that I've seen.

I almost miss Tim Higgins....
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Did anyone else notice the exchange between Baye and one of the officials after the fourth foul was called on Baye? I imagine Keita said something since, as he took his position on the lane the official seemed to be ripping into him. Baye put his head down and Dirty reached over to pat him on the back and the ref lit into James. Was still yammering as Sampson missed the first free throw. Promptly went down to the other end of the floor and whistled Baye for three seconds before the offense even started to attack. One of the worst examples of an official thinking he was bigger than the game that I've seen.

Interesting, because the call was a stretch. Were his toes in the lane for 3 seconds, yeah. But he was really hanging around the outside of the lane and I think his heels were outside. I don't think that is what typically gets a 3 second call.

Great call consig. The ref decided he would call 3 seconds the next time down court. Simple as that. Pitiful.

a strange sequence. too bad there are no officiating overseers to review it.

a strange sequence. too bad there are no officiating overseers to review it.
That's practically an invitation for vigilante justice.

Who's with me? Shine the pitchforks, boys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I was really worried that they were calling Keita for his 5th foul. I've been saying all year that illegal moving screens need to be called but I couldn't believe the ones that were called against us in this game. I think Christmas and Keita were called for probably 5-6 fouls for illegal screens between them. Did anyone see them? I was at the game but many were called away from the ball so I missed them. Keita usually sets poor screens - he's so thin that it's not much problem for the offense to get around them fairly quick so unless he sticks a leg out I'd think it would be hard for his screens to be illegal.

In the NBA, the officiating of every game is reviewed.

I was really worried that they were calling Keita for his 5th foul. I've been saying all year that illegal moving screens need to be called but I couldn't believe the ones that were called against us in this game. I think Christmas and Keita were called for probably 5-6 fouls for illegal screens between them. Did anyone see them? I was at the game but many were called away from the ball so I missed them. Keita usually sets poor screens - he's so thin that it's not much problem for the offense to get around them fairly quick so unless he sticks a leg out I'd think it would be hard for his screens to be illegal.

I don't understand how they call these. 85% of the time they allow poorly set screens to go uncalled, then occasionally they decide to call it when they really don't look all that much different than all the ones they've let go uncalled before them.

I am really frustrated as a fan watching what I think is just very, very poor quality officiating.

I'M WITH YOU!

But only because your avatar makes me cry.

I don't understand how they call these. 85% of the time they allow poorly set screens to go uncalled, then occasionally they decide to call it when they really don't look all that much different than all the ones they've let go uncalled before them.

I am really frustrated as a fan watching what I think is just very, very poor quality officiating.

didn't see Pitt called for one against SU and they could have called one of every possession. The goon that took over for predator just floats around the top of the key colliding with SU's guards.

Agree, Cherie but understand why it's such a tough call, especially against the Syracuse zone. Our guards will fight through the top of the screen rather than behind and with all the perimeter motion it's really challenging to firmly set a high screen. On almost every possession you'll see the screener step out and lean farther to extend. I thought Cooley was especially masterful at this and he was never whistled once.