Baye | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Baye

I think its like setting a pick. The player can't have his feet spread wider than his shoulders and considering Baye's thin frame, that ain't very wide. A couple games ago some oppenent got called for an illegal pick because even thought he was set and not moving, he had his legs spread to wide.
Is that true? If so, then BMK really needs to adjust his stance pronto, because I have seen him do it a couple of times now(see need for bigs coach above).

Even if he is allowed to do it, there is the problem that when he drops into the low position his chest is moving forward. This makes for an easier call for a block. He needs to realize he needs to give it a slight bit more room/time to establish.

That's the point he is bringing it down to his knees and he is not exploding up and dunking.

Musicians will agree that its very easy to play piece incorrectly and become expert in playing it that way. The muscle memory is ingrained and it takes a monstrous effort to change as opposed to learning it correctly the first time. This is the same type of problem with Dajuan, too many poor movements ingrained. This will not be fixed over night and I'm sure the coaching staff recognizes this. Furthermore as we wouldn't ask a musician to attempt to fix a piece during a recital, we can't expect movement flaws to be corrected during a game. Lots of practice and drilling are required instead.

Musicians will agree that its very easy to play piece incorrectly and become expert in playing it that way. The muscle memory is ingrained and it takes a monstrous effort to change as opposed to learning it correctly the first time. This is the same type of problem with Dajuan, too many poor movements ingrained. This will not be fixed over night and I'm sure the coaching staff recognizes this. Furthermore as we wouldn't ask a musician to attempt to fix a piece during a recital, we can't expect movement flaws to be corrected during a game. Lots of practice and drilling are required instead.

Interesting point. I get the same kind of advice and commentary from guys who play golf when I tell them I'm finally going to take it up. They say make sure to take lessons from the get go so I don't ingrain myself with bad habits.

Yep.

Sadly, this problem was identified at least two months ago. He's going to need a lot more reps to fix this thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom