Baylor Players Who Can Hurt Us from 3 | Syracusefan.com

Baylor Players Who Can Hurt Us from 3

kingtidge

All American
These are the 4 we should endeavor to keep from having a career high shooting night from 3 (their season highs in parentheses):

Mason (9 vs TCU)
Butler (5 at ISU)
Bandoo (5 vs OU)
McClure (7 at OSU)

"Mason, Butler and Bandoo have NBA range on 3s which can cause issues for defenses if they are hitting shots. It is a big reason why Baylor is 17-9 with Mason in the lineup and 2-4 without him (with those 2 wins being against early season cupcakes). Mason puts a lot of stress on a defense with his potential to make 25-30 foot three pointers. "

This is from the Baylor forum thread I just checked... some good precaps there:

Thoughts on Syracuse | SicEm365

I suspect we will pack the zone in from the start, and play the percentages. If Baylor starts hitting, which is possible always, we adjust and extend it. Baylor is not considered an elite shooting team, so I imagine the game plan will be to limit their effectiveness inside (which is their strength). I do have a feeling they hit their first couple though, because why not?

in scared to death of mason, gotta be in his grill at all times

their team percentage is not scary, but they've got 4 guys who've take over 100 threes this year and have hit close to 36% (mason .365, butler .357 and mcclure .359) and one close to 40% (bandoo .396)

mcclure feasted on the pre-conference schedule but only hit .314 in conference play. butler, on the other hand, struggled early but shot a sizzling .422 in conference. topped by bandoo, who shot .440 in big xii play.

not a good matchup. especially with frank out; we'll miss his shooting against their zone.

I'm more worried about Baylor's prolific offensive rebounding than their 3 pt shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom