Baylor wasn't interested in ZA | Syracusefan.com

Baylor wasn't interested in ZA

syr02esq

Starter
ZA is in Baylor's back yard and they didn't as much as sniff him. Baylor has one QB commit but is open to another one if the person is right. Coach Briles obviously knows something about QB's and the fact he wasn't interested in ZA is telling. Just a Big 12 perspective here.

ZA is in Baylor's back yard and they didn't as much as sniff him. Baylor has one QB commit but is open to another one if the person is right. Coach Briles obviously knows something about QB's and the fact he wasn't interested in ZA is telling. Just a Big 12 perspective here.

Clemson was interested in him as well as Kansas State. I'm going to choose those 2 schools as my gauge.

I'd rather have him than not. But oh well.

Good luck to Zach.

With all due respect, there is no rationalizing him not being Orange.

He is a good football player and everyone would love to have him back.

They weren't interested because they got a 4* commit (ESPN 300) almost a full year ago.

Doesn't sound like many people in Texas are interested in ZA. Here are a few quotes from TCU fans after Allen switched to TCU:

“None of that explains to me why we should take a QB that doesn’t have the talent to be anything more than an emergency QB”.

“No offense to those guys, but why would we want to recruit a guy who has no shot of starting at QB or even being an adequate backup?”

“Our recruiting is stuck in the Mountain West.”
No further posts about Zach since 1/9/13...he's just not a story down there. He shouldn't be here anymore either.

I am still upset at the fact that ZA ended up flipping to TCU. Obvioulsy to no fault of his own but rather due to the circumstances which sorrouhnd our football program (uncertainty).
But I tell you this much,...If there was any sliver of an opportunity to have him back in the fold with the 2013 class I will accept him with open arms. But like coach said his heart will have to be in it.
Besides he now has yet another QB to compete with as Pachall should be back in the fold for the frogs.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/01/13/4543741/pachall-has-returned-to-tcu-after.html

He is a smart kid thefore I hope he realizes that he has a better shot at being a started on the hill or at lest to be in the mix.
IDK, but somehow I still think there's a bit in his heart that wishes he was in fact at the 'cuse.

JMHO.

On one hand, I totally get the no OC so I'm not going there attitude ZA had Sat.

But I don't know why you go to a place where you're not going to play much for a long while unless you're unnerved by the opportunity here. Maybe he shied away from the pressure? Homesickness?

I am still upset at the fact that ZA ended up flipping to TCU. Obvioulsy to no fault of his own but rather due to the circumstances which sorrouhnd our football program (uncertainty).
But I tell you this much,...If there was any sliver of an opportunity to have him back in the fold with the 2013 class I will accept him with open arms. But like coach said his heart will have to be in it.
Besides he now has yet another QB to compete with as Pachall should be back in the fold for the frogs.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/01/13/4543741/pachall-has-returned-to-tcu-after.html

He is a smart kid thefore I hope he realizes that he has a better shot at being a started on the hill or at lest to be in the mix.
IDK, but somehow I still think there's a bit in his heart that wishes he was in fact at the 'cuse.

JMHO.
Sounds like he's enrolled at TCU. Ship has passed.

Of course we should wish ZA the best as he embarks on his college ball career. It was just a bit of wishful thnking.
As many have said time to move on as thuis ship has certainly sailed.

Sounds like he's enrolled at TCU. Ship has passed.
You're probably right but he was also listed in the SU student directory.

Note to the OP: ZA will be one hell of a good college QB.

The coaches who left us for bluer pastures really wanted him... If we can be upset that we lost our HC and OC, I would think we should be somewhat upset we lost ZA.. That said, come to terms with it.. He was good, we lost him due to unfortunate timing. Wish him the best and move on.

Everyone is saying this is the best QB recruit since McNabb. I'd like to point out that Joe Fields was also a 3-star recruit, Perry Patterson a 4-star recruit, Andrew Robinson was a 3-star recruit, Cody Catalina 3-star, David Legree 3-star, John Kinder 3-star, Terrell Hunt 3-star. Out of all those 3+ star recruits, only 3 ever saw the field. Only one of them started his Senior year. Best QB recruit? Nassib will be the first QB taken in the draft since McNabb. I think it's safe to say Nassib is the best QB recruit since McNabb. Zach Allen was another unknown and the more I think about it, the less his decommitment bothers me. It doesn't at all. I just needed to calm down and I think if others do the same then you will see we can and will overcome this little road bump.

Kansas State was probably his biggest offer and best chance to play early yet he picks the school two hours down the road. Maybe at the end of the day he just wanted to stay close to home.

For people paying attention he mentioned dozens of times about distance and not having family be able to see him play. He even once mentioned missing the prom.

The coaches leaving became his excuse to stay home. I firmly believe that even if Mike Leach were named OC he would've stayed in Texas. Think it had more to do with the distance than the offense/coaches.

Kansas State was probably his biggest offer and best chance to play early yet he picks the school two hours down the road. Maybe at the end of the day he just wanted to stay close to home.

For people paying attention he mentioned dozens of times about distance and not having family be able to see him play. He even once mentioned missing the prom.

The coaches leaving became his excuse to stay home. I firmly believe that even if Mike Leach were named OC he would've stayed in Texas. Think it had more to do with the distance than the offense/coaches.
Great point!

Actually ZA went to TCU and they reinstated their starting QB, who was suspended after 4 games, and he started classes Monday according to ESPN. I wonder why the TCU coach waited so long to have the announcement?

Baylor (in Waco, TX) is only 30 minutes away from where ZA lives. I think if he wanted to stay "home", he would have looked at Baylor.

Baylor runs the best offense in the country. Jobs up for grabs this year.

They can do A LOT better than Allen. He wouldn't have a chance at competing for their starting job if they offered.

This kid is just your average 3 star recruit. The loss right now isn't him its the depth problems without him and lack of competition. Loeb could be a trainwreck.

Baylor (in Waco, TX) is only 30 minutes away from where ZA lives. I think if he wanted to stay "home", he would have looked at Baylor.

He didn't have an offer from Baylor. And the difference is Syracuse to Utica or Albany...but yeah

Again, they can do a lot better than Allen. He is not that good. Baylor has the best offense in college football and has stud rbs/wr and an excellent line.

Baylor runs the best offense in the country. Jobs up for grabs this year.

They can do A LOT better than Allen. He wouldn't have a chance at competing for their starting job if they offered.

This kid is just your average 3 star recruit. The loss right now isn't him its the depth problems without him and lack of competition. Loeb could be a trainwreck.
Have you ever watched tape of ZA?

Have you ever watched tape of ZA?

All guys look good on youtube.

I am just making a point that Baylor gets the cream of the crop recruits. Now they don't get the depth of those recruits (A+M does Manziel had to beat out 3 great QBs to get his job) but they still get them (on offense at least) since its Texas. The RG3 team last year had 3 or 4 first rounders and this years team has multiple NFL draft picks. Seastrunk was the #3 running back out of HS.

Briles gets top recruits for his offense and wouldn't waste a scholarship on Allen when he is basically guaranteed top 10 rated QB recruit next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom