Bazley Decommits | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
So go ahead and listen to it. Here is the interview from yesterday with Gottlieb. They talked about it a lot. Most people agree with JAB. One of JAB's best interviews ever.
The Doug Gottlieb Show: Jim Boeheim | FOX Sports Radio

Thanks for posting that, it was a great interview. JB appeared to be incredibly at ease/peace, almost as if he's actually welcoming next season more so now, with its seemingly lessor expectation level.

If the parents phone call is returned do we know if Moyer’s dad drives to syracuse game and the Wake press conference happens?

Both incidents are why Moyer is gone IMO. Dasher has nailed the analysis on Moyer’s play on the team.
What would that conversation entail, considering they already knew the extent of the injury? Fred drove to campus and made Matt sit. He wasn’t just looking for piece of mind.

If the parents phone call is returned do we know if Moyer’s dad drives to syracuse game and the Wake press conference happens?

Both incidents are why Moyer is gone IMO. Dasher has nailed the analysis on Moyer’s play on the team.

Chances are that Mr. Moyer was going to the game anyways as the Moyer's attended many of Matt's game. The Moyer's had made the decision that Matt wasn't going to play. All the quotes are in this Daily Orange article but doesn't talk about what Mrs. Moyer had posted on her Facebook page. Neither side was happy with the other side. People can speculate all they want about Anklegate but I don't think the lack of a phone call was by any means the tipping point.
Everything we know about Matthew Moyer’s injury situation

Just because one thing led to the other, doesnt mean the subsequent action isnt worse, so not really sure what your saying there.

Im not defending jb but lets not make a mountain out of a molehill either. The press conference, thats inexcusable in my book.

If somebody were recruiting against SU they'd do well to do a video compilation of some of JB's pressers. Would work every time as some are truly cringe worthy.

It was the middle of the season and the trainers/medical staff returned their calls. That should suffice. Would have been nice for at least an assistant to call back, but by no means a requirement.
JBs got a few kids on the team. He or an assistant can take 15 minutes to call a parent. Total BS on the staff.

JBs got a few kids on the team. He or an assistant can take 15 minutes to call a parent. Total BS on the staff.

Maybe it's the precedent they are not interested in setting? Start talking to one parent about this subject or that and where do you stop? Especially if they have already talked to the training staff and their adult son.

I was involved in a youth football league and we had rules over what parents could discuss with coaches. Playing time, positions offensive and defensive strategies were three of the forbidden subjects.

Parents rarely talked to coaches because those three subjects --- especially playing time --- were all the really wanted to discuss.

Once a year, someone would violate this. We would return his check and ask for the uniform back. The rest of the year no one peeped.

Let the parents in the door and you would have no peace. Give them an inch and the would try and take a mile.

Maybe it's the precedent they are not interested in setting? Start talking to one parent about this subject or that and where do you stop? Especially if they have already talked to the training staff and their adult son.

I was involved in a youth football league and we had rules over what parents could discuss with coaches. Playing time, positions offensive and defensive strategies were three of the forbidden subjects.

Parents rarely talked to coaches because those three subjects --- especially playing time --- were all the really wanted to discuss.

Once a year, someone would violate this. We would return his check and ask for the uniform back. The rest of the year no one peeped.

Let the parents in the door and you would have no peace. Give them an inch and the would try and take a mile.
My daughter plays in college. I have never called her coach nor would i unless it was serious so i do understand and agree for the most part. Injury however is different. The bottom line is the parents were obviously concerned. 5 minutes from one of the staff in a private phone conversation over an injured player doesnt in my opinion open the door.

My daughter plays in college. I have never called her coach nor would i unless it was serious so i do understand and agree for the most part. Injury however is different. The bottom line is the parents were obviously concerned. 5 minutes from one of the staff in a private phone conversation over an injured player doesnt in my opinion open the door.

Why would his parents want to talk to JB about the injury? What is it that JB is going to tell them that they haven’t already heard from the training staff and their son about the injury?

What they pretty obviously want to talk about is the tension between what the training staff has told their son and them, what JB had witnessed for himself (at practice in which Matt seemed to be OK) , and what their son had told them.

None of this was about the injury and all of it was about whether their son could or wanted to play.

JB said that he would never play anyone who didn’t want to play. But he seemed obviously annoyed based upon what he had seen in practice (and maybe what the training staff had told him about Matt’s ankle)

Since almost everyone here is guessing and speculating, I’ll give you my guess what the Moyers wanted to talk about. Their son had told them and JB or one of the ACs that he couldn’t or shouldn’t play. The Moyers wanted to involve themselves in this discussion taking their son’s part.

Why would his parents want to talk to JB about the injury? What is it that JB is going to tell them that they haven’t already heard from the training staff and their son about the injury?

What they pretty obviously want to talk about is the tension between what the training staff has told their son and them, what JB had witnessed for himself (at practice in which Matt seemed to be OK) , and what their son had told them.

None of this was about the injury and all of it was about whether their son could or wanted to play.

JB said that he would never play anyone who didn’t want to play. But he seemed obviously annoyed based upon what he had seen in practice (and maybe what the training staff had told him about Matt’s ankle)

Since almost everyone here is guessing and speculating, I’ll give you my guess what the Moyers wanted to talk about. Their son had told them and JB or one of the ACs that he couldn’t or shouldn’t play. The Moyers wanted to involve themselves in this discussion taking their son’s part.
I actually think the son WANTED to play. I believe it was the parents who wanted him held out. My two cents is thst they wanted to get the staffs opinion. "Should my son play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom