BC and end of regular season thoughts | Syracusefan.com

BC and end of regular season thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • Great to see Dungey go out like that (Bowl game not withstanding)-Interesting that Dino speaks so confidently about him playing in Sundays
  • How about Dontae having one of the best games of his career? Was surprised he got so many of the carries, but he came up big
  • 2nd game in a row where Nykeim dropped a pass in the end zone. If he wants to keep getting those passes, he's going to have to show he can hold onto them in tight coverage. Ironically, believe he caught one a little later where he was crushed
  • Hello, Sharod Johnson. Welcome to the party.
  • Will be nice to see Taj after another year of S+C
  • Nice to see Ravian get a pass. Think he can play on Sundays.
  • Nice recovery game for the OL
  • For once, we had some injury luck this year. Made a big difference.
  • Robinson is a stud. Hope Bam is right and we get him back next year, particularly with Coleman's injury history
  • Methinks Cordy is gone
  • Int #7 for Cisco-Pretty amazing.
  • Trill had a grown man's Int
  • Guthrie continues to play well
  • Nice to see Shy get good run in his hometown. Almost had an INT. Sure he was kicking himself about that
  • How about Hof knocking the ball loose AND recovering it? Even better was Dino's reaction to it in his PC
  • Addazio sounded like he was making a Defense for his job in his PC. few have nicknames like the Dazzler. That itself should count for something.
  • Is it safe to say the corner has turned?

I thought the Dazzler was making a case for his job as well.

Agree on Cordy. I have no idea what the personal reasons are that caused him to miss the last 2 games, but at this point I would be more surprised if he stayed rather than leave. Might MTSU be a destination?

I thought the Dazzler was making a case for his job as well.

Or to at least diffuse some of the nonsense. I totally agree with the ‘big picture’ take of his in the presser. They will go to another bowl. It’s true they have been very unlucky with injuries the last few weeks and with us. I mean he had what that DE (or both?), very good MLB, and Dillon all out towards the end of the game.

Last edited:
  • Great to see Dungey go out like that (Bowl game not withstanding)-Interesting that Dino speaks so confidently about him playing in Sundays
  • How about Dontae having one of the best games of his career? Was surprised he got so many of the carries, but he came up big
  • 2nd game in a row where Nykeim dropped a pass in the end zone. If he wants to keep getting those passes, he's going to have to show he can hold onto them in tight coverage. Ironically, believe he caught one a little later where he was crushed
  • Robinson is a stud. Hope Bam is right and we get him back next year, particularly with Coleman's injury history
  • Methinks Cordy is gone
  • Nice to see Shy get good run in his hometown. Almost had an INT. Sure he was kicking himself about that
  • How about Hof knocking the ball loose AND recovering it? Even better was Dino's reaction to it in his PC
  • Addazio sounded like he was making a Defense for his job in his PC. few have nicknames like the Dazzler. That itself should count for something.

Good post. Do u have a link to the Dazzlers PC?

Actually, Huard thought there is a place for Dungey in the NFL too. He mentioned that Hill guy from BYU who is Brees’ backup. A good comparison.
The announcers yesterday compared him to Philip Rivers. I'm thinking Randal Cunningham or Brad Smith.

The announcers yesterday compared him to Philip Rivers. I'm thinking Randal Cunningham or Brad Smith.
In the way they like to talk crap to the defense, not playing style.

If we finish next September at 4-0, or 3-1 at worst, then yes, the corner is turned.
We have to keep the winning going through Tommy's first few games to get things stabilized during the transition. Then we should be fine. I look at that schedule and I still see 8-4 as a fair prediction, with room for a couple surprises of the negative type in there already baked in. I could see us winning 10, too.

We could do better than that, with 34 guys plus both kickers back from the two-deep next year. Or we might have a bit of a transition, replacing 3 guys on the O line, 2 WRs and the QB. We will be deeper and more talented on paper next year. But Dungey brought a certain toughness to the team. Maybe the D will help establish that identity early next year.

If we finish next September at 4-0, or 3-1 at worst, then yes, the corner is turned.
We have to keep the winning going through Tommy's first few games to get things stabilized during the transition. Then we should be fine. I look at that schedule and I still see 8-4 as a fair prediction, with room for a couple surprises of the negative type in there already baked in. I could see us winning 10, too.

We could do better than that, with 34 guys plus both kickers back from the two-deep next year. Or we might have a bit of a transition, replacing 3 guys on the O line, 2 WRs and the QB. We will be deeper and more talented on paper next year. But Dungey brought a certain toughness to the team. Maybe the D will help establish that identity early next year.

Rock bottom worse case should be 8-4, though I will be very surprised if we don't go 10-2 with next year's schedule. So let's assume 9-3 on average mainly because we open with two games on the road so might have a hiccup in one of them (probably @ Maryland) as we adjust to the new line-ups. The two toughest conference games will be vs Clemson in the Dome and @FSU. NC State is losing a lot off this year's team (more then we are) and Louisville will be in the midst of a complete overhaul.

Have to beat Pitt at home next year. So tired of losing to those turds. :mad:

Cheers,
Neil

I actually think that Dungey has a lot of similarities to Dak Prescott. Not saying it will necessarily happen but it only takes one team to fall in love with him and I could see it happening.

Lots of intangibles. Could potentially put up some eye popping numbers in personal workouts and, hopefully, at the combine. Add in the fact that the NFL is much more willing to incorporate some of the schemes Dino runs and I really hope it works out. Does not hurt that Dino indicated in the post game press conference yesterday that talking to Eric on the sideline was like talking to a GA versus a senior.

SUOrange44

I actually think that Dungey has a lot of similarities to Dak Prescott. Not saying it will necessarily happen but it only takes one team to fall in love with him and I could see it happening.

Lots of intangibles. Could potentially put up some eye popping numbers in personal workouts and, hopefully, at the combine. Add in the fact that the NFL is much more willing to incorporate some of the schemes Dino runs and I really hope it works out. Does not hurt that Dino indicated in the post game press conference yesterday that talking to Eric on the sideline was like talking to a GA versus a senior.

SUOrange44
That's so funny you posted that. I was thinking yesterday which NFL QB Dungey compared to and was going post that about Dak. Great minds think alike :)

In an unrelated point, did others notice BC constantly getting another shot at our guys heads after they were on the ground and tackled, especially Dungey? I've seen it happen before in a game for a play here and there, but this seemed to be happening over and over on Saturday.

Regarding late shots , I agree. It must have happened a lot because even my wife noticed it.

Agree on Cordy. I have no idea what the personal reasons are that caused him to miss the last 2 games, but at this point I would be more surprised if he stayed rather than leave. Might MTSU be a destination?

In my opinion, if he leaves SU he is just simply done with playing college ball. I can't see him transferring to play somewhere else.

Stellar year by SU. Pretty much everything went right for them in games you'd thought they
initially had a chance to win prior to the season starting. Two losses to teams nobody figured
they'd beat in the first place, and one other. Hope to see some long term success now, although
you gotta figure the turnover margins that were so helpful this year will probably come back a
bit, and that might cost a W, but the tradeoff is, no guaranteed loss to UND or LSU or Wisc on
the OOC schedule. Hope they can finish the bowl game off with a win to be top 15 in the final
rankings.

Other nibbles here ... BC'd be out of their minds to move on from Addazio, the program was
ready for a jump from 7-5 to what SU did this year, except they got the injuries this year,
while SU did not. And for Dungey, he's got NFL talent, but it's going to be hard for a team
to lean on him given his injury history and style of play, which almost begs to get hurt. A lot
of NFL QBs are garbage right now, but it does take some time to get used to the game, and
he's going to get hit by bigger dudes. I'm rooting for him.

Kev

• Methinks Cordy is gone

Alot of good points and as you said great to see the OL bounce back against a physical front!
Some other observations:
* its kinda remarkable that we set out this year looking for wrs to emerge and we went 9-3 wo much impression. Yes, custis woke up relative to his catatonic previous 4 seasons and Harris looks like a future star and was huge. If we knew butler wouldn't have been in the line-up, what would have most predicted?
* sticking with the O; kudos to strick and Mo for sticking with it. Not sure if this offensive philosophy isn't TE based in the future, but overall, RP hasn't shown much in an offense that creates crazy space all over the field. He is undersized to be a pro and hasn't really gone out and gotten it.
* i have been critical of the T2 and ward but totally give him props. Guthrie deserves alot of credit as does trill and Cisco. Ward schemed alot better the last 6 games and killed it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom