BC Comes Here Jan. 14th... | Syracusefan.com

BC Comes Here Jan. 14th...

KBOrange23

Walk On
...let's hope the defense doesn't allow them to shoot 57.1% from the floor and 61.5% from 3-point land as they did today! You allow that you should lose.

Coach said in his post game presser that defensively, the guards just aren't finding the shooters.

...let's hope the defense doesn't allow them to shoot 57.1% from the floor and 61.5% from 3-point land as they did today! You allow that you should lose.

Coach said in his post game presser that defensively, the guards just aren't finding the shooters.
And that is why he is paid the big bucks. To our novice eyes, it looked like they were.

Yeah I don't think allowing 62% from 3 is very good defense, I do agree with Coach there.

Yeah I don't think allowing 62% from 3 is very good defense, I do agree with Coach there.

BC shot 16 for 26 from 3...half of their points came on 3 point shots. I'm a 'stats guy.' Stats may not tell the whole story of a game, but it they can tell at least part of it. Another stat I pay attention to is rebounds. We out rebounded them by 5, but what stood out to me was our team grabbed 20 offensive rebounds (8 by Tyler Roberson). How many bunnies did we miss around the rim? I looked at the "2nd chance" points category, we had 27 points total to their 15.

BC shot 16 for 26 from 3...half of their points came on 3 point shots. I'm a 'stats guy.' Stats may not tell the whole story of a game, but it they can tell at least part of it. Another stat I pay attention to is rebounds. We out rebounded them by 5, but what stood out to me was our team grabbed 20 offensive rebounds (8 by Tyler Roberson). How many bunnies did we miss around the rim? I looked at the "2nd chance" points category, we had 27 points total to their 15.

We always miss a lot of bunnies, we lead the nation in that stat, because we are completely awful at it, and that will never change.

Sorry...my third sentence should have read "Stats may not tell the whole story of a game, but they can tell at least part of it." I was typing too fast.

And that is why he is paid the big bucks. To our novice eyes, it looked like they were.
It did?!? Their guys were WIDE open. We had players covering one dude...it was terrible

I think we may need to break out those putrid two tone unis that started our fall from grace (see overall/ACC record since losing that game Feb. 19, 2014) to reverse the apparent curse. ;):bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom