BC looked pretty good today | Syracusefan.com

BC looked pretty good today

They should have won. Missed opportunities early on and allowed Missouri to get back in it and change tempo of things

I don’t think Missouri is the number 6 team of the country. Maybe 15. BC played OK but could not run the ball at all despite that being Castellano’s strength. He had good passing numbers, but had two picks and had two more that should’ve been picks that were dropped. That’s the right strategy. Make him throw. But if you go on the road and play #6 to a six point game, they should stay ranked.

I don’t think he’s going to make the through the season
That's the other thing. We know better than anyone, relying on your QB to throw AND run as much as he does, means he is open to hard hits. And, he doesn't seem to be the biggest guy. Either way, I trust our coaches to scheme for BC or anyone else we play. When they talk about being "multiple", I think we've seen it. We can adapt to what the coaches see from film and then make adjustments in game. We can run, we can throw, we can stop the run, we can stop the pass. If the team we are playing isn't capable of doing something, they are in trouble.

That's the other thing. We know better than anyone, relying on your QB to throw AND run as much as he does, means he is open to hard hits. And, he doesn't seem to be the biggest guy. Either way, I trust our coaches to scheme for BC or anyone else we play. When they talk about being "multiple", I think we've seen it. We can adapt to what the coaches see from film and then make adjustments in game. We can run, we can throw, we can stop the run, we can stop the pass. If the team we are playing isn't capable of doing something, they are in trouble.
I do think if we’re forced to play Diggs at MLB for longer stretches we may be vulnerable to quick-hitting stretch plays like bubble screens that require timely help defense arriving from the middle.

I do think if we’re forced to play Diggs at MLB for longer stretches we may be vulnerable to quick-hitting stretch plays like bubble screens that require timely help defense arriving from the middle.
Robinson will find a long term answer, I have faith. Wax will be back. But, that was an incredible adjustment in the short term. If anything, that should give you faith in our coaches to make adjustments.

It was 14 points on all books. I need your bookie if that was the line lol
We need to survive the first half against BC as they should be expected to outgameplan us.

Hope we are better. They are playing tougher than expected.

We need to survive the first half against BC as they should be expected to outgameplan us.
I don't know. It's not like the coaching staff at BC is a group of undisputed football geniuses. They are solid, but not infallible by any stretch.
It's also a long time between now and Nov 9th. A lot can happen with both rosters. If SU can stay healthy, most teams are going to have their hands full with our offensive talent.

This game is too far away to project much. If this was next weekends game I’d have no clue who’d win and wouldn’t be surprised by any result. Right now, BC is playing solid football. But things change even if injuries aren’t the reason. We saw how we’d collapse starting in November year after year. Not saying that has anything to do with this team but for any team, it’s a long season and how you play now is not indicative of how you might be playing a month from now.

I didn't watch the game but based off the box score they didn't do much after that long fluke TD. Mizzou then outscored them 24-0 until that late BC TD. BC only ran for 49 yards and were out gained 440 yards to 298. They only lost by 6 points though which is impressive.

Mizzou is overrated, but it was still an impressive performance by the Eagles.

I didn't watch the game but based off the box score they didn't do much after that long fluke TD. Mizzou then outscored them 24-0 until that late BC TD. BC only ran for 49 yards and were out gained 440 yards to 298. They only lost by 6 points though which is impressive.
not just one, but two of BCs touchdowns were off of completely blown coverages. That did not look like a disciplined secondary at all, but perhaps playing a zone, and selling out against the run?, (which worked). I still give them credit for keeping the game close. It will be very difficult to gauge how good Missouri actually is. Somehow, despite playing in the SEC, they will only play ONE ranked SEC team. (two if you consider Oklahoma, but they play them later in the year and I highly doubt Oklahoma will still be ranked based on their schedule and how they look ytd). So that should help BC with national credibility for a while. I still like our chances based on how both teams are playing so far this year. Usually when we lose to BC it’s because they run it down our throats. I don’t think that will happen this year.

next weeks games between us and Stanford, BC and Michigan State and Georgia Tech and Louisville will start to clear up the picture over who might be better or worse than thought.

He does avoid contact pretty well with that baseball slide of his.
This exactly. He has a knack for it. I wish we had been able to weave some of that into Dungey and Shrader. But then, of course, they wouldn’t have been who they were.

BC is a good team because they have a good coach. A good coach at BC has always been a recipe to a 8 win team. The existential issue for BC is if Jerrod Mayo flames out and Bill O'Brien succeeds at BC. O'Brien said he isn't leaving Boston anymore. I would assume he'd take the massive payraise and go to the Patriots.

Otherwise I think O'Brien is going to be HC there for a while. I would say he's not as good as Tom Coughlin but probably a touch better than Doug Marrone (and he has Marrone as a lieutenant)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom