BC Loses | Syracusefan.com

BC Loses

To connect football with current events, even the (real) Irish and the Catholic Church are in a big pissing match right now.

not a irish-catholic..... ehh

i am,but with ya
Not Irish Catholic by birth, but played BB for St. Ann's Church in Manlius, went to Midnight Mass and best friends all Irish Catholic.
Still love seeing both teams lose.

Why does that make me so happy?

BC and ND made my day today.

Here is why it makes me happy:

1. ND- November 18,1961 Enough said. Always hated them, always will.

2. BC- Always considered them a speed bump but after hearing from many Boston area fans about how they hated SU, I began to hate them in return. I actively root against all ACC teams, so BC gets bonus hatred for that

If PSU had lost, it would have been a hat trick of happiness

I went to SU undergrad, BC law and am 100% orange, but I don't get the hatred for them. I know about the Big East meeting where their administration pledged loyalty, but honestly they didn't do anything any Big East school wouldn't have done. Unless we consider them a rival or something I don't get it Nebraska turned its back on its Big 8 rivals when they left to go to the Big 10 and I doubt they are hated. Basically until the Big East becomes an all-sports conference there is never going to be stability. I wish the SU administration in 2003 went all-in trying to get into the ACC like BC's did after the ACC added only Miami and Virginia Tech. There was still 1 spot available and Buzz and Jake went back to the Hill and decided the Big East was good enough and didn't lobby publicly to become that 12th team while BC's administration while playing it both ways lobbied hard for the ACC. Biggest mistake the SU administration made was not going for that 12th spot Miami and Donna Shalala would have been there for us, and our BBall was coming off the NC, but whatever.

I went to SU undergrad, BC law and am 100% orange, but I don't get the hatred for them. I know about the Big East meeting where their administration pledged loyalty, but honestly they didn't do anything any Big East school wouldn't have done. Unless we consider them a rival or something I don't get it Nebraska turned its back on its Big 8 rivals when they left to go to the Big 10 and I doubt they are hated. Basically until the Big East becomes an all-sports conference there is never going to be stability. I wish the SU administration in 2003 went all-in trying to get into the ACC like BC's did after the ACC added only Miami and Virginia Tech. There was still 1 spot available and Buzz and Jake went back to the Hill and decided the Big East was good enough and didn't lobby publicly to become that 12th team while BC's administration while playing it both ways lobbied hard for the ACC. Biggest mistake the SU administration made was not going for that 12th spot Miami and Donna Shalala would have been there for us, and our BBall was coming off the NC, but whatever.
SU is the Big East and the Big East is SU. It would have been better initially, but look at the ACC now. The Big East stands to gain much from the disorder in the BCS Conferences currently. The ACC and Big 12 are the ones who have to worry.

totally agree

Even better ... BC lost to Northwestern's backup QB. Although the kid played okay, the Northwestern starter (name escapes me) would have eviscerated BC's defense yesterday.

Peace

PS - We were only a stout Indiana State team (one can dream) from having a perfect weekend.

SU is the Big East and the Big East is SU. It would have been better initially, but look at the ACC now. The Big East stands to gain much from the disorder in the BCS Conferences currently. The ACC and Big 12 are the ones who have to worry.

This^^^

The BEast will sort itself out, but I wholeheartedly agreed with staying in the league, whether it was our choice or not.

Just seemed more honorable, for what its worth. In any case, BC is an afterthought in the ACC, like a redheaded stepchild.

Folks here in NCarolina are constantly talking about the "mistake" of accepting them in their conference- its pathetic.

I can hold my head up as an SU alum, not sure BC can do that outside of their own campus- & definitely not in ACC country.

The ACC has better bowl tie ins and makes more money. If an FSU gets poached they'll have no shortage of schools to choose from. Meanwhile, we play schools in Milwaukee and a commuter school in Chicago and have the scheduling gods of Providence take decide whether we play our biggest rival once or twice a season in hoops.

The expansion thing was a long time ago and I've generally given up on the topic (whatever will be will be) but I think it's a bit of a reach for people to pin their hopes on this so called TV contract of the future for the NBE with the state of college athletics in such flux.

And FWIW the ACC made a mistake with BC over us. And ND made a huge mistake hiring a guy like Brian Kelly...personally they can pound salt til he goes.

Here is why it makes me happy:

1. ND- November 18,1961 Enough said. Always hated them, always will.

2. BC- Always considered them a speed bump but after hearing from many Boston area fans about how they hated SU, I began to hate them in return. I actively root against all ACC teams, so BC gets bonus hatred for that

If PSU had lost, it would have been a hat trick of happiness

+1

, we play schools in Milwaukee and a commuter school in Chicago .

It's a couple of games at most. Big deal.

And if it's the price for keeping Gtown, Nova, ND, StJohns on the schedule, it's worth it.

We don't play at Georgetown this year.

UNC and Duke will always get their 2 games.

Not sure the logic follows that we have to play a bunch of C-USA refugees that do nothing for us so we can play some old time rivals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom