BE and MSG to hold joint presser today... | Syracusefan.com

BE and MSG to hold joint presser today...

The development of Villanova as a major power saved the new Big East’s status as a major player in college basketball and made this possible.

I don’t think the B1G or the ACC were willing to commit to play their post season tournament at MSG on a yearly basis either. That made this a no brainer. I can’t help feeling this was a major oportunity for the ACC that was lost.

Is it weird to anyone else to have a press conference on a Sunday when news cycles are down and all sports attention is on football? This would be how you hide announcements.

About that ACC Tourney to MSG Thing

Yeah, not happening. Big East just extended through 2028.

Barclay or bust.

Backwards thinking by ACC

I don't think it would have made much sense for the ACC to commit to MSG each and every year. It's a little too NC centric, but MSG doesn't mean that much too many ACC fans ether.

MSG might have went for an ACC/Big10 switch from year to year, but it does not make sense for either conference to commit there every year.

Ugh. I know we had no choice but to join the ACC (and it saved our football program), but not getting to play the conference tourney at MSG is a huge loss for Syracuse and our basketball brand. I thought the ACC would eventually wrest control of MSG away from the Big East. And apparently attendance in Brooklyn wasn’t stellar for the ACC tourney last year. This has not worked out for us the way I thought it would when we joined th ACC.

Ugh. I know we had no choice but to join the ACC (and it saved our football program), but not getting to play the conference tourney at MSG is a huge loss for Syracuse and our basketball brand. I thought the ACC would eventually wrest control of MSG away from the Big East. And apparently attendance in Brooklyn wasn’t stellar for the ACC tourney last year. This has not worked out for us the way I thought it would when we joined th ACC.

The ACC has drawn the largest hoop crowds in Barclays. Granted not sure what the competition is but still. The B1G had issues in NYC and DC.

The ACC has drawn the largest hoop crowds in Barclays. Granted not sure what the competition is but still. The B1G had issues in NYC and DC.

Gotta think we could help our own cause by making a run at the title at Barclays.

A Cuse-Duke/UNC/Louisville/Virginia title game would pack the place.

Gotta think we could help our own cause by making a run at the title at Barclays.

A Cuse-Duke/UNC/Louisville/Virginia title game would pack the place.

Duke-UNC set the Barclays college record. I know it's mostly competing against itself. We need to do better.

The DC-Brooklyn-Charlotte rotation is fair given the footprint. Greensboro just doesn't work.

I kind of get why the ACCT is held in Greensboro but at the the same time it’s kind of silly that it gets to host a conference tournament for a power five conference.

I kind of get why the ACCT is held in Greensboro but at the the same time it’s kind of silly that it gets to host a conference tournament for a power five conference.

It would be like playing the Big East Tournament in Rochester.

Maybe I’m wrong but it’s entirely possible that the schools below the MDL (ie over half the league) don’t want to play the confrrence tournament in NYC every year.

Exactly. And I bet if the situation were reversed and we were down south and it wasn't so convenient for us to get to NYC with such a home court advantage, I doubt we would be that excited about it either. People may deny that, but I don't think it would hold up on a lie detector.

I'd love for it to be in NYC, but it isn't that unusual for fans to want to have it in places that are the easiest for them to get to.

Last edited:
Duke-UNC set the Barclays college record. I know it's mostly competing against itself. We need to do better.

The DC-Brooklyn-Charlotte rotation is fair given the footprint. Greensboro just doesn't work.

Throw in ATL and it feels like that is how it should be rotated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom