BE and MSG to hold joint presser today... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BE and MSG to hold joint presser today...

About that ACC Tourney to MSG Thing

Yeah, not happening. Big East just extended through 2028.

Barclay or bust.
If the ACC and BE tournies were played on the same dates, which draws better? Which gets to billing in the city newspapers and tv?

If the ACC and BE tournies were played on the same dates, which draws better? Which gets to billing in the city newspapers and tv?

The ACC will not play there every year. So your question should really be; What will draw more people & more $$$: 1 ACC tourney every 4 years, or 4 BE tourneys?

The ACC will not play there every year. So your question should really be; What will draw more people & more $$$: 1 ACC tourney every 4 years, or 4 BE tourneys?
I understand that the ACC wouldn't play in NYC every year and I did mean to ask that when they did who would be the bigger draw and get more media coverage.

When we were in the old "Amtrak Conference", playing in MSG every year made perfect sense.

I don't think that ACC fans from the Carolinas could find Penn Station if they were standing right on top if it. ;)
Nor do they want to. In an informal poll with my friends down here (about a dozen), they all loathe the idea of playing in NYC. They all want Greensboro, and are excited it's coming back to Charlotte, then Greensboro. They say NYC is "too expensive, too big, no atmosphere, too far." Southerners want a league that started in the South to stay in the South. I disagree with them, but I can't blame them.

Nor do they want to. In an informal poll with my friends down here (about a dozen), they all loathe the idea of playing in NYC. They all want Greensboro, and are excited it's coming back to Charlotte, then Greensboro. They say NYC is "too expensive, too big, no atmosphere, too far." Southerners want a league that started in the South to stay in the South. I disagree with them, but I can't blame them.

Expensive, big and too far I totally get- but no atmosphere? That's interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom