BE Bowl Picture | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BE Bowl Picture

very bi polar when it comes to belk or pinstripe... know the player prefer Belk and it would be something different and vs an ACC team... pinstripe be fun cause I can go to the game and prob play a high scoring big 12 team... AHHHHH dont know just wanna know our destination

And please note again that I didn't raise the issue - somebody else did with a gratuitous dig at Coach P.
And yet you can't manage to keep yourself from posting about it, can you? Sheesh - let it go. We know you love P. We know it. Stop trying to be his defense attorney.

Sigh. So many years gone and still it seems one thread in ten becomes a tug-of-war over Coach P's reputation. He was the coach over one of the best stretches in football history. But that stretch was over and seemed incredibly unlikely to return under his leadership. You can appreciate what he did for Syracuse and still acknowledge that his best years were behind him. These two things are far from incompatible.
Yep. I hear you. So I've decided to cheer for Cincy today, just so P can finish 5-7, resulting in his dismissal from UConn, so we can be done with this once and for all. We all know that UConn is on the ACC radar screen, and this has to stop. Paul's a good and honorable man. But enough is enough.

The masses see an obvious decline. The vocal minority buys into an opposing coach's recruiting stories and absolves the former head coach of any responsibility. It's been a decade. Enough of the wash, rinse, repeat stuff.

Let's go Bearcats.

Would love to see SU in the Belk vs. Duke and blow them out in Carolina.

Am I the only one trying to figure out why the Belk Bowl would think that Cincinnati would draw crowds to watch the game? Nobody in North Carolina, or the southeast really, cares about Cincinnati. At least Syracuse will be an ACC team and there are a solid number of New Yorker transplants down in NC (ask NC State but that was the basketball game last year). I understand the Pinstripe bowl wanting the Backyard Brawl match-up, that'll draw ratings and crowds but Cincinnati, while they did beat us, have absolutely no appeal to anybody outside of Cincinnati and even then more people care about Notre Dame and Ohio State there.

Personally I would prefer to go to the Pinstripe bowl over the BELK.

1. Better match up. Would rather play WVU, or even Baylor, over Duke.
2. Pinstripe pays 1.8m compared to 1.7m
3. Recruiting. Won't hurt to be able to allow our prime recruiting area another chance to see us play live.
4. Hey were New York's College team, why wouldn't we want to go to NYC for another game. After spending that much on advertisement I don't see how some sort of under the table deal isn't reached.

I will be disappointed to go to the BELK

Personally I would prefer to go to the Pinstripe bowl over the BELK.

1. Better match up. Would rather play WVU, or even Baylor, over Duke.
2. Pinstripe pays 1.8m compared to 1.7m
3. Recruiting. Won't hurt to be able to allow our prime recruiting area another chance to see us play live.
4. Hey were New York's College team, why wouldn't we want to go to NYC for another game. After spending that much on advertisement I don't see how some sort of under the table deal isn't reached.

I will be disappointed to go to the BELK

Best reason to want the Belk over the Pinstripe is because that is the kids preference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Best reason to want the Belk over the Pinstripe is because that is the kids preference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
That's true, but unfortunately these college athletes get so exploited by the NCAA and University. I just don't see the athletic dept. even considering for a second what the players actually want.

That's true, but unfortunately these college athletes get so exploited by the NCAA and University. I just don't see the athletic dept. even considering for a second what the players actually want.

Ummm...the athletic department does not pick.

Pinstripe or Belk seems most likely. Hoping to avoid BBVA. NC ST in the Belk would be a good match up and bring in a decent crowd. Baylor or WVU would be a shootout in NYC. After beating WVU the last two years, Baylor would be the team I'd like to see come to New York.

With the Cincy win over Yukon, the Belk may be a reach. It's still possible, but NYC and Birmingham are now making their way on my calendar.

With the Cincy win over Yukon, the Belk may be a reach. It's still possible, but NYC and Birmingham are now making their way on my calendar.

Yea, according to McMurphy, he is hearing we are going back to the pinstripe and Pitt will be going to the compass bowl for the 3rd year in a row. Ouch for Pitt.

I tell you what. A pinstripe vs Baylor would be tougher than the Russell Bowl.

Baylor does nothing for me.

Like playing a d1aa.

Hopefully its someone else.

Syracuse 47, Baylor 41
That would be one of the most entertaining and interesting matchups of the bowl season. I would love to see it happen.

Syracuse 47, Baylor 41
I'd be watching that game on TV. Any of the other bowl options has me in the stands. <sigh>