Be carefull jumping off the bandwagon | Syracusefan.com

Be carefull jumping off the bandwagon

BludOrange

All Conference
bandwagon.jpg

I would not like to see any of you Cooney bashin', JB hatin', man to man wantin critics to hurt yourselves when jumping off and end up in the ER. If you do end up there, try and find that mythical "big man" coach you claim we need.

I'm ready to be on-board with this, but I don't get the end part?

I apologize. I will never again critique the team I am a fan of. Jim Boeheim has never and will never make a mistake as a head coach, and all of our players play to the maximum of their abilities at all times while never making mental mistakes.

Btw, I haven't bashed Cooney at all tonight. So far, the only player I've expressed disappointment in was CJ, because our senior leading scorer needed to play better for us to advance in the NCAA tournament.

P.S. I HOPE the bandwagon is able to go farther in the tournament next year.

I'm ready to be on-board with this, but I don't get the end part?

many posts throughout the season when our big men have struggled stating that we need a "real" big man coach and that Hop was not doing a good job making them better. And blaming him for our lack of offense at the 5.

I have been hammering the SG position and JB wasting 5 scholarships this year. Cooney was so bad on offense we were terrible we only went on our run when Gbinjie and Grant played. JB waited too long in the 2nd half to take Cooney out. JB's hook of Cooney was horribly late.

many posts throughout the season when our big men have struggled stating that we need a "real" big man coach and that Hop was not doing a good job making them better. And blaming him for our lack of offense at the 5.

OK, I'm down with that. Why would Hopkins be in the ER though?

I have been hammering the SG position and JB wasting 5 scholarships this year. Cooney was so bad on offense we were terrible we only went on our run when Gbinjie and Grant played. JB waited too long in the 2nd half to take Cooney out. JB's hook of Cooney was horribly late.

Yes Cooney didn't play well, but that hides the fact you can't win with just one shooter. Knock Trevor all you want, but it's ridiculous that we needed to rely on one guy to make three point baskets. It's to easy to take one shooter out of the game. You need at least two, and yes Trevor struggled, but it doesn't mean he won't be better next year. He needs help as well.

Yes Cooney didn't play well, but that hides the fact you can't win with just one shooter. Knock Trevor all you want, but it's ridiculous that we needed to rely on one guy to make three point baskets. It's to easy to take one shooter out of the game. You need at least two, and yes Trevor struggled, but it doesn't mean he won't be better next year. He needs help as well.
Ennis can shoot the 3 ball but he can get to the hole and shoot that floater. Cooney was horrible all he could do is curl off screens and force tough shots. Gbinjie put the ball on the floor and attacked tonight. If Gbinjie starts the 2nd half over an obvious Cooney who was giving nothing we have a better chance to win. We lost because our offense was ridliciously sub par.

Alsacs said:

Cooney wasn't in the game when we went from a 3 point lead with the ball to a 5 point deficit in the blink of an eye.

Cooney wasn't in the game when we went from a 3 point lead with the ball to a 5 point deficit in the blink of an eye.
Yeah your right Cooney was great he should have played 40 minutes his offense wasn't the problem. It was Fair, Grant, Ennis they were the problem. I am wrong Cooney was great he wasn't on the floor when we lost the lead.

And it's frankly disappointing that needs to be explained.

Simple solutions to complex problems ...

Anybody that is still here now after the crappy losses at the end of the season aren't bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans were the 10 or so thousand extras that showed up at the dome then started to follow the team until they weren't undefeated anymore or lost a couple of games.

I kicked my ottoman at the end of the game - unfortunately, it was not the top soft part but the bottom hard part - ouch!

I'm on the hopkins bandwagon.

I would like the coach that runs our practices as our gameday coach.

JB can obviously run things however he sees fit. He's more than earned that right, but I am critical of the fact he's delegated the practices.

You look at Ennis' last shot and have to wonder... that is the call? Ennis and Fair were scoring at will on drives to the rim. Plus we haven't hit a Trey all game and our point guard looked exhausted... making the shot even lower probability.

And if Ennis decided he'd do his own Trey shot instead of the called play for whatever reason... impress NBA scouts with a clutch shot or whatnot..

It was either a terrible play call or not the called play. Regardless, neither reflects very well on JB, especially if the latter.

Last edited:
kingtidge said:
I'm on the hopkins bandwagon.

I would like the coach that runs our practices as our gameday coach.

JB can obviously run things however he sees fit. He's more than earned that right, but I am critical of the fact he's delegated the practices.

You look at Ennis' last shot and have to wonder... that is the call? Ennis and Fair were scoring at will on drives to the rim. Plus we haven't hit a Trey all game and our point guard looked exhausted... making the shot even lower probability.

And if Ennis decided he'd do his own Trey shot instead of the called play for whatever reason... impress NBA scouts with a clutch shot or whatnot..

It was either a terrible play call or not the called play. Regardless, neither reflects very well on JB, especially if the latter.

JB said it in the presser - the 2 point jump shot was not the play called. However, he was fine with the 3 pointer because we had limited time - I agree with him on both.

JB said it in the presser - the 2 point jump shot was not the play called. However, he was fine with the 3 pointer because we had limited time - I agree with him on both.

We didn't make a Trey all game! Perfect sense it should be our last shot... right...

kingtidge said:
We didn't make a Trey all game! Perfect sense it should be our last shot... right...

I'm not saying it was the ideal shot. I'm simply saying that we had 6 seconds to get a shot off from the rebound and if he went to the hole, he may not have got it off in time. That's why neither JB or I had much issue with that one. It was the 2 point jumper that Ennis took before that one that was not the play called nor the best shot.

Yeah your right Cooney was great he should have played 40 minutes his offense wasn't the problem. It was Fair, Grant, Ennis they were the problem. I am wrong Cooney was great he wasn't on the floor when we lost the lead.

Yea, that's EXACTLY what I said.

Here, I'll play your game. We lost by 2. If G could tie his shoes, we win by 3.

PS: Fair, Grant and Ennis were problems in this game. Nobody on the team even played their "C" game except G until sneakergate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom