BE NCAA Bid Challenge | Syracusefan.com

BE NCAA Bid Challenge

How many BE teams make the NCAA torunament?

• Total voters

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Correctly predcit all BE teams to make the NCAA tournament and win the respect of fellow forum brothers.

My prediction:
Syracuse
Marquette
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Louisville
Cincinnati
Seton Hall
Connecticut

Poll got messed up somehow... should be choices for 7,8,9,10+

Syracuse
Notre Dame
Louisville
Marquette
Georgetown
Cincinnati
UConn
South Florida

Syracuse
Marquette
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Louisville
Connecticut

5 Locks - Syracuse, Marquette, Georgetown, Louisville, Notre Dame

Some Work to do but I expect will get in
UCONN
Seton Hall
West Virginia

Syracuse
Notre Dame
Marquette
Georgetown
Louisville
Seton Hall
Cincinnati
Connecticut
South Florida

My prediction:
Syracuse
Marquette
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Louisville
Seton Hall
Connecticut
USF

7 bids. Everyone knows big east is very down this year, i doubt they give more than 7. I think last bid will come down to uconn/seton hall.

Syracuse
Marquette
Georgetown
Notre Dame
Louisville
Cincinnati
Connecticut

South Florida has some work to do.
just as much as WVU at this point

also they have the opportunities with 3 games coming up cincy/ville/WVU, if they can win 2 of those and I think they are in

7 bids. Everyone knows big east is very down this year, i doubt they give more than 7. I think last bid will come down to uconn/seton hall.

Syracuse
Marquette
Georgetown
Notre Dame
Louisville
Cincinnati
Connecticut

You need to fill the tournament with 68 teams.

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

So who is coming in for these Big East teams right now?.
NC St
Colorado St
St. Joseph's
Centreal Florida
Illinois
South Florida
Minnesota
Dayton

Bubble busters could knock out 2-4 teams as well in tourney week... but why would those necessarily be Big East teams when you have Miami, Washington, Arizona, Northestern, Xavier, BYU, Miss St.

I'll dig this thread up on Selection Sunday and declare a winner

You need to fill the tournament with 68 teams.

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

So who is coming in for these Big East teams right now?.
NC St
Colorado St
St. Joseph's
Centreal Florida
Illinois
South Florida
Minnesota
Dayton

Bubble busters could knock out 2-4 teams as well in tourney week... but why would those necessarily be Big East teams when you have Miami, Washington, Arizona, Northestern, Xavier, BYU, Miss St.
I don't think you understand the thread

just as much as WVU at this point

also they have the opportunities with 3 games coming up cincy/ville/WVU, if they can win 2 of those and I think they are in

USF has two criticial games to end the season that are relevant to this question. They are also relevant to the opposition.
Cincy at USF
West Virginia at USF

USF needs both those two games to have a good resume. Otherwise 11-7 in BE, with a 1-8 record against top 50, and a bad OOC with questionable losses, and only one top 100 win (at home vs Clev St). The 11-7 record and the 50-60ish RPI would get it into the discussion, but last year the separators used were top 50 record, and then top 100 road and neutral wins above that. USF does not have these, while West Virginia and Cincy does. Getting 12-6 will probably be needed to get past this and build as many as counter positives to the bad indicators that have been used to separate the bubble.

West Virignia would be fine at 9-9, but they need that USF game to get past the bad optics of 8-10. They will have a decent top 50 and top 100 record compared to the bubble, and OOC wins over Oral Roberts, Kansas St, Miami, and Marshall.

Cincy has the issue that has killed Arizona St, Colorado, and Penn St in recent year. A garbage OOC schedule. The committee has been very clear that if you have a garbage schedule you will get dinged if you are on the bubble. So every game is important for them to overcome that.

I don't think you understand the thread

Of course I understand the thread. Predict the BE teams to make the tourney.

I am disputing the statement that it is doubtful that we will get more then seven teams in the tourney. I don't think you understand that a thread can have comments related to other comments on the thread -- imagine that.

Syracuse
Notre Dame
Marquette
Georgetown
Louisville
Seton Hall
Cincinnati
Connecticut
South Florida

This, except UConn is close to not getting in.

A lot of folks have scoffed at BE getting 9 bids. The problem with that is that there aren't a lot of viable alternatives out there.

This, except UConn is close to not getting in.

A lot of folks have scoffed at BE getting 9 bids. The problem with that is that there aren't a lot of viable alternatives out there.

Very true and that is why I think 9 will get in. I think it will come down to Uconn and/or USF.

I don't think USF gets in FTR. We shall see in a couple weeks

I think USF will be out due to no quality wins/weak schedule and Uconn will be in and WVU out:

SU
Marquette
ND
Ville'
Georgetown
Cincy
Uconn
Seton Hall

I think USF will be out due to no quality wins/weak schedule and Uconn will be in and WVU out:

SU
Marquette
ND
Ville'
Georgetown
Cincy
Uconn
Seton Hall
at least somebody agrees with me

Syracuse
Marquette
Georgetown
Notre Dame
Louisville
Cincinnati
Connecticut

I was thinking that also but if you look at the other conf they are even more down. Other than the big 10, where are all the tourney teams coming from. There are definitely going to be more mid majors but not that many more. The ACC, big 12, PAC 10, will get even less than last year. SEC maybe the same. Big East may get 8 or 9 by default because there OOC wins are better than the other major conf. Even the Atlantic can only get, at most 3. This is the weakest bubble in history and there are 3 more spots. Crazy. Lunardi has 9 right now and he is an idiot but he may be correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom