BE NCAA Bid Challenge | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BE NCAA Bid Challenge

How many BE teams make the NCAA torunament?

• Total voters
This, except UConn is close to not getting in.

A lot of folks have scoffed at BE getting 9 bids. The problem with that is that there aren't a lot of viable alternatives out there.

I would lay big odds that the BE does not get nine teams in.

I was thinking that also but if you look at the other conf they are even more down. Other than the big 10, where are all the tourney teams coming from. There are definitely going to be more mid majors but not that many more. The ACC, big 12, PAC 10, will get even less than last year. SEC maybe the same. Big East may get 8 or 9 by default because there OOC wins are better than the other major conf. Even the Atlantic can only get, at most 3. This is the weakest bubble in history and there are 3 more spots. Crazy. Lunardi has 9 right now and he is an idiot but he may be correct.

The MW, MVC and WCC will all get at least one more bid than they got last year. I think the ACC, Pac12, Big12 and SEC will all at least match what they got last year and collectively they will probably squeeze out one or two more bids. The Big 10 got seven last year. You could make a case they don't deserve seven (even though I think it's the best conference in the country) this year but Jim Delany ALWAYS takes care of his boys. The one wild card that helps the BE is that the Committee chairman is the former UConn AD. But he'll have to get Delany's permission to go to the bathroom. Could be very interesting for UConn if they don't finish well.

Kinda surprised with the love Cincy is getting:
19-8 (9-5). Record is good enough but;
82 RPI (about 35 spots below USF's)
127 SOS (WORST in the Big East)
4-3 vs. Top 50 RPI (decent)
Lost to Marshall, St. John's, Presbyterian, Rutgers
OOC wins: Georgia, Oklahoma

I think they have to win 2 games in the BET. Although they have Ville, Nova, Marquette and USF still left.

This, except UConn is close to not getting in.
I know we all hate UConn, but they would have to lose their next 3 and one in the BET to not get in, their computer numbers are just too good right now

losing to us won't hurt them, teams RPI go up after losing to us, and beating us would all but clinch it

they won't lose to providence and pitt, maybe one but not both

RPI #24 and SOS #2 = they would need to do a lot to not get in, like someone else said there aren't any better options out there

I know we all hate UConn, but they would have to lose their next 3 and one in the BET to not get in, their computer numbers are just too good right now

losing to us won't hurt them, **** teams RPI go up after losing to us, and beating us would all but clinch it

RPI #24 and SOS #2 = they would need to do a lot to not get in, like someone else said there aren't any better options out there
UConn is in easily.

YOu already mentioned the stellar RPI+SOS, but;
6-6 vs. RPI Top 50;
Beat FSU and Harvard OOC
Won @ND without Boatright

Only way they don't get in is the situation you said.
12 games vs. the top 50 RPI really saved them though.

losing to us won't hurt them, **** teams RPI go up after losing to us, and beating us would all but clinch it

lol, that was me who said it. i said it in the same pot you quoted.

i've been saying for a while now that uconn winning another game is not guaranteed. every time they get behind they seem to hang their heads. they will probably get in, they just don't act like the UConn teams we've come to love to hate.

Kinda surprised with the love Cincy is getting:
19-8 (9-5). Record is good enough but;
82 RPI (about 35 spots below USF's)
127 SOS (WORST in the Big East)
4-3 vs. Top 50 RPI (decent)
Lost to Marshall, St. John's, Presbyterian, Rutgers
OOC wins: Georgia, Oklahoma

I think they have to win 2 games in the BET. Although they have Ville, Nova, Marquette and USF still left.

Agreed. They have their fate within their control but if they don't take care of business with some quality wins then they are in trouble. That little fiasco with Xavier is not a resume plus either.

Here's who I have in, with their seeds:

Syracuse - 1
Marquette - 3
Georgetown - 3
Louisville - 4
Notre Dame - 5
Connecticut - 8
Cincinnati - 10
Seton Hall - 11