Be Prepared to Spend Next Year in the BE | Syracusefan.com

Be Prepared to Spend Next Year in the BE

I just don't see us getting out sooner...negotiations of the new BE teams are dragging on.
Well that rots. We need the ACC $ like yesterday.

On the bright side, it gives us a year to break in Nassib's replacement against a weaker schedule. Really expecting to see a 2-QB rotation next year, if not an outright change.

To be honest, with the way we have laid a brick this year, I'm ok with it... I want to go out with wins against UCONN, UL, and Buttgers especially!

This has been expected since day one.

If the BE doesn't have replacements lined up by March Madness time then it could be two more years.

It would be nice to win one more BE crown before we're finished.

I'm fine with it. SU football is a long ways from being competitive in a major conference. Another year or two in the minor leagues won't hurt!

This football program is in bad shape right now from coaches to players. Another year or two to right the ship and see if we have the right guy leading the ship is a good thing.

Our only hope is for OU and Okie St to go to the SEC now. That would create the domino effect where Texas and ND go to the B1G, RU and UConn go to the ACC, and then Louisville, Cincy, and USF go to the B12, who adds BYU and UCF to get to back to 12.

I never expected us to get out of jail in 2012. And I agree that that is for the better. This team needs seasoning before stepping up to ACC competition in football. I'd say it's 50/50 we get our release papers for the 2013 season. I still believe Marinatto is a vindictive SOB who will want to hold tight to SU, Pitt and WVU just to be a .

I never expected us to get out of jail in 2012. And I agree that that is for the better. This team needs seasoning before stepping up to ACC competition in football. I'd say it's 50/50 we get our release papers for the 2013 season. I still believe Marinatto is a vindictive SOB who will want to hold tight to SU, Pitt and WVU just to be a .

My feeling is that he really doesn't give 2 craps about football and as long as the basketball schools are safe he's happy. I never thought SU'd be out before 2013 and it'll drag on and on and Marinetto is in no rush to lose 3 very good basketball teams that will make him more money than anything they have coming.

He will be presiding over a lameduck conference while keeping the new members at bay. Good chance that one of the 3 leaving will win a Football Championship and/or a Basketball Championship. I hope it blows up in his face.

does the ACC take child molester schools??

We'll be forced by the BE to stay, and to be placed in the Big East Alternate Universe division with BYU, Boise, Houston, Air Force and Pitt. All of our division games will be road trips. The Pitt game will be played in Samoa.

"just a scheduling glitch" will be the mantra from Providence.