BE what if | Syracusefan.com

BE what if

upperdeck

Living Legend
say the BE loses TCu/ UL / WV. would that be enough for a school to be able to leave without paying an exit fee since the league would not be viable any more? if the BE goes away does the b1o really need to take uconn or rutgers for a presence in NY metro if those teams are not in a BCS quality league any more?

No.

The Big East college football "market" in NYC is a myth.

Whatever college football market there is in NYC consists of people from all ver watching their favorite schools and conferences from across the country and a group of unaffilitated locals who watch Penn State and Notre Dame or the SEC Game of the Week.

If there was a big Big East/Rutgers/Uconn/SU audience in NYC the Big East would have had a much better contract and the ACC and Big 10 would have not ignored Rutgers in expansion.

It's a myth propagate by those who wish there was one or who don't know NYC is a pro sports market ,,,, just like Boston, Philadelphia and DC ... only more so.

say the BE loses TCu/ UL / WV. would that be enough for a school to be able to leave without paying an exit fee since the league would not be viable any more? if the BE goes away does the b1o really need to take uconn or rutgers for a presence in NY metro if those teams are not in a BCS quality league any more?

For the first question, I wonder if it's even possible. Because technically the 8 schools (not TCU) would have to stay 27 months, so it really never becomes a non-viable league until SU/Pitt's 27 months are up. According to the article today the only reason why TCU wasn't subject to the 27 months was because they hadn't officially joined. Something they obviously put in the terms.

So more and more I think we're stuck. If the Big East had any sort of contingency plan, I'd say maybe they want to move on and release us. But now I think it's just a slow death and they're going to force us to play ECU on the road before we leave. That penalty is so much worse than the $5M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom