Beating a team three times in one season. | Syracusefan.com

Beating a team three times in one season.

strumpfasaurus

2nd String
So anyone good with stats able to bring up the amount of times a big east team beat another big east team three times in one season minus us against last year?

Oh and F*** Georgetown!

So anyone good with stats able to bring up the amount of times a big east team beat another big east team three times in one season minus us against last year?

Oh and F*** Georgetown!
We did it in 2003

also in 03 gtown was really weak. tough to beat a team 3 times no matter what let alone a good team.

You can throw any stats you want at me. I'm still not gonna feel good about tomorrow night's game.

This one will go on JB resume when all is said and done. I hope the players realize this. They are playing for far more than a BET semifinal victory.

As great as the '87 team was, it went 0-3 against Georgetown that year. Georgetown lost to Providence in the Regional final otherwise SU would have faced them for the 4th time in the Final Four.

Georgetown's done it to us, so has Boston College. We've done it to Providence and Georgetown. Probably more.

Can't say I've ever bought into the idea it's hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season. I mean, of course it is, but that's also because it's hard to beat a good team twice in a row to get the chance at the third game.

Would anyone think Gtown would have a better chance to win tomorrow if we beat them last week instead of getting killed?

another overrated stat IMO...

its like flipping a coin. the 1st 2 games a little to no impact on the 3rd game.

yes its hard going 3-0... but they have already won the 1st 2, hence completed the hardest part.

Poster child is Villanova beating Gtown in the 1985 championship game...after Georgetown beat the crap out of them twice in the regular season.

I just looked at SU and the Hoyas. They swept us in 1984, (when they won it all) and we swept them in 2003, (when we won it all.) The puzzling one was 1987, when we were clearly better but they won all three. I know we swept Providence that year, too with the third one being in the Final Four.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom