Best Sports Moment Ever - Mr. Boots Yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Best Sports Moment Ever - Mr. Boots Yesterday

Dadarules

Walk On
My son Jed, Mr. Boots to many here, created my #1 Sports Moment of my life yesterday when he came in the 9th with a 6-4 lead over the hated Georgetown Fighting Ugly Babies*.

He is St. John's #1 closer and leads the team in ERA, WHIP and Opponents Batting AVG. With the Big East season and tournament seeding of 2nd place on the line Mr. Boots got the ball and proceeded to mow the F' out of the meat of Georgetown's lineup getting their 3, 4, and 5 spot hitters (1 of which hit a homer earlier in the game) knocked down 1, 2, 3 to secure the team win and his 5th save to go along with 2 wins and 1 loss on the year!!

Jed sat 92-94 mph. I seriously cannot express how I felt aside from saying take the feeling I had on 04/07/2003 and multiply it by 100. I would not expect others to feel exactly the same pride and unexplainable happiness that I felt/still feel but those of you who first saw Mr. Boots as a toddler tagging along with me at SU hoops / football / lax games, practices and even spring games now know he did us right yesterday. My kid personally contributed to beating freaking GTown.

* I call them the Ugly Babies because as a joke when my 4 kids were little I noted that all babies are cute except Georgetown babies. So I would say, "Georgetown Babies" and they would, and still do reply, "Are Ugly."

This is Jed pitching the final strike in the game - in his 1, 2, freaking 3 inning he had 2 strikeouts!!!
Screenshot_20240518_120727_Gallery.jpg

My son Jed, Mr. Boots to many here, created my #1 Sports Moment of my life yesterday when he came in the 9th with a 6-4 lead over the hated Georgetown Fighting Ugly Babies*.

He is St. John's #1 closer and leads the team in ERA, WHIP and Opponents Batting AVG. With the Big East season and tournament seeding of 2nd place on the line Mr. Boots got the ball and proceeded to mow the F' out of the meat of Georgetown's lineup getting their 3, 4, and 5 spot hitters (1 of which hit a homer earlier in the game) knocked down 1, 2, 3 to secure the team win and his 5th save to go along with 2 wins and 1 loss on the year!!

Jed sat 92-94 mph. I seriously cannot express how I felt aside from saying take the feeling I had on 04/07/2003 and multiply it by 100. I would not expect others to feel exactly the same pride and unexplainable happiness that I felt/still feel but those of you who first saw Mr. Boots as a toddler tagging along with me at SU hoops / football / lax games, practices and even spring games now know he did us right yesterday. My kid personally contributed to beating freaking GTown.

* I call them the Ugly Babies because as a joke when my 4 kids were little I noted that all babies are cute except Georgetown babies. So I would say, "Georgetown Babies" and they would, and still do reply, "Are Ugly."

This is Jed pitching the final strike in the game - in his 1, 2, freaking 3 inning he had 2 strikeouts!!!
View attachment 241269
Awesome. And that is why they call him Mr Boots.

View attachment 241269
Crazy, Thanks for sharing over the years, Mr. Boots is a man now (I feel so old).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom