Beautiful Dreaming | Syracusefan.com

Beautiful Dreaming

SWC75

Bored Historian
In a prior post I examimed the likelihood that a #1 Kentucky team would play a #2 Syracuse team for the national championship: It's happened 6 times in 62 years and only once in the last 46. I also noted that the 1-2 teams have met in the semi-finals 9 times, 8 of them in those 46 years. The NCAA likes to twist the rankings slightly for some reason and we might find ourselves on the same side of the bracket with the Wildcats. But put it together and there's a 1 oin 4 chance we might be playing them. That opens the door to our imagination and we are permitted to speculate on what such a game might be like and sprinkle plenty of hope into the mix.

Here's a Final Four game that involved Kentucky that tickles my fancy as a possible scenario for Syracuse-Kentucky game this year:
http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Games/19840331Georgetown.html

I remember that game very well. The defensive performance that Georgetown displayed in that second half was amazing.

I remember that game very well. The defensive performance that Georgetown displayed in that second half was amazing.

And we've been pretty amazing this year at times as well. I hate to say this but I wish we had a guy like Michael Graham, (at elast the way he played, not the other stuff), on this team.

go figure the committee would probably do something as stupid as put UK and SU on the same side. I freaking hope not. :bang:

go figure the committee would probably do something as stupid as put UK and SU on the same side. I freaking hope not. :bang:

With the S curve now that is impossible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom