Because Dick Refuses to | Syracusefan.com

Because Dick Refuses to

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
could someone explain to me:

1. First Half; What was the call on Chuckwus missed dunk? Technical foul, foul shot for KU but ball out of bounds to SU? What was the technical and why did we get the ball?

2. Early 2nd Half; What was the call on Chuckwu's second free throw that went in where they whistled a lane violation, didn't count the basket but gave us the ball out of bounds?

3. Why we refuse to get a hand in Grahams face?

1. Hanging on the rim. Administrative Tech Foul

2. Double lane violation

Were we awarded the ball on alternating possession on both plays?

could someone explain to me:

1. First Half; What was the call on Chuckwus missed dunk? Technical foul, foul shot for KU but ball out of bounds to SU? What was the technical and why did we get the ball?

2. Early 2nd Half; What was the call on Chuckwu's second free throw that went in where they whistled a lane violation, didn't count the basket but gave us the ball out of bounds?

3. Why we refuse to get a hand in Grahams face?
#3 it's against the rules to put a hand in someones face. Seriously, he is just too good.

Was wondering the same. Very frustrating that they wouldn't stop chatting about whatever the fook to explain what was happening in the game.

I thought Chukwu's missed dunk was just called an offensive goaltend watching on the stream.

Last edited:
No. Technical foul. BS call.
I saw it pretty well from my seat. Chukwu just sorta spazzed out... shouldn't have been a technical. A few strange calls but not all were against us.

Did not care for Vitals tonight. Maybe it was just me, but a lot of what he said came across slurred.

I saw it pretty well from my seat. Chukwu just sorta spazzed out... shouldn't have been a technical. A few strange calls but not all were against us.

I thought the call was bizarre. Talk about adding insult to injury. Miss a relatively easy dunk and then called for a technical on top of it on what was really a pretty weak hang on the rim.

Thought the refs were brutal tonight...although not suggesting that was the difference in the game by any stretch.

On the radio they said that the ACC supervisor of refs was there and so was "referee emeritus" Jim Burr. It was speculated that these refs were trying to impress those two with their calls.

Let me repeat that: They were trying to impress Jim Burr. :rolling:

Graham had two flops that could go down in world history as all timers and he got the calls both times, so Burr must have been nodding in silent approval. The very best one was on the right wing. Graham sorted "side jumped" into Battle and then lept spastically in the other direction while throwing the ball toward mid court. Battle had his arms down the whole time and neither move was toward the basket. I couldn't help but admire the boss level trolling of the refs that move was.

Graham had two flops that could go down in world history as all timers and he got the calls both times, so Burr must have been nodding in silent approval. The very best one was on the right wing. Graham sorted "side jumped" into Battle and then lept spastically in the other direction while throwing the ball toward mid court. Battle had his arms down the whole time and neither move was toward the basket. I couldn't help but admire the boss level trolling of the refs that move was.

In fact graham chicken winged him and got away with it . He also was quite proficient in hooking dudes on spin moves and getting away with it

He was also very good at hitting 35 foot jump shots. Refs ruined the first half whistling everything and then called nothing in second. My biggest peeve. Inconsistency in games. KU wasn't even in the one and one at the end of the game. Trailing team committed four fouls? Really?

I love DV honestly, and last night was the first time I recall being irritated with him for his open biased toward Kansas. He hit me with the line of " are you kidding me thats a foul dont try to deny it" when battle DIDNT touch Grahmn and he flopped. Grahmn was also super special with multiple hooks last night that went uncalled. Dude was seriously one sided last night and it showed

He was also very good at hitting 35 foot jump shots. Refs ruined the first half whistling everything and then called nothing in second. My biggest peeve. Inconsistency in games. KU wasn't even in the one and one at the end of the game. Trailing team committed four fouls? Really?

First, I didn't see the game (curling, hockey, NASCAR, fishing, poker, EPL soccer, more curling, etc, etc, etc). But here's a thought: most good teams make adjustments at the half, and the smarter ones think along the lines of, "If they're calling that, stop doing it." Just a thought.

First, I didn't see the game (curling, hockey, NASCAR, fishing, poker, EPL soccer, more curling, etc, etc, etc). But here's a thought: most good teams make adjustments at the half, and the smarter ones think along the lines of, "If they're calling that, stop doing it." Just a thought.

The refs were the ones who adjusted, which is very difficult for the players, and more importantly us fans, to counteract.

I'm sure Burr was impressed.

My all-time least favorite referee. I still remember when he threw out Hicker for calling him "Higgins". :rolling:

On the radio they said that the ACC supervisor of refs was there and so was "referee emeritus" Jim Burr. It was speculated that these refs were trying to impress those two with their calls.

Let me repeat that: They were trying to impress Jim Burr. :rolling:

That mentality is a HUGE problem IMO. The game isn’t about you.

Those refs destroyed the flow of the game by blowing the whistle on seemingly almost every possession, called way too many offensive fouls, and that technical is the worst technical foul call in the history of basketball. I’ve never seen anything like it, to be honest.

I love DV honestly, and last night was the first time I recall being irritated with him for his open biased toward Kansas. He hit me with the line of " are you kidding me thats a foul dont try to deny it" when battle DIDNT touch Grahmn and he flopped. Grahmn was also super special with multiple hooks last night that went uncalled. Dude was seriously one sided last night and it showed

Honestly just think Vitale is old and washed up at this point. He’s always had a tendency to ride the favorite’s jock, especially when they’re playing well. I think he’s gotten to where he really has trouble being on top of things with his takes though.

... that technical is the worst technical foul call in the history of basketball. I’ve never seen anything like it, to be honest.

Nah, that was the tech on TRob against Vermont. The guy who whistled that should never even be allowed in the gym again, let alone work any games.

Nah, that was the tech on TRob against Vermont. The guy who whistled that should never even be allowed in the gym again, let alone work any games.

That was absolutely horrible and was worse because it affected the outcome of a tourney game, but if you ignore the circumstances this one was even worse IMO. Roberts slapped the backboard after the dunk, and the power tripping ref decided it was “showboating” and t’d him up in the second half of a tourney game. Ridiculous. But on Chukwu...I didn’t even know what happened. He didn’t DO anything! 100% bizarre call.

That was absolutely horrible and was worse because it affected the outcome of a tourney game, but if you ignore the circumstances this one was even worse IMO. Roberts slapped the backboard after the dunk, and the power tripping ref decided it was “showboating” and t’d him up in the second half of a tourney game. Ridiculous. But on Chukwu...I didn’t even know what happened. He didn’t DO anything! 100% bizarre call.
I don't get the one ft for Kansas then we get the ball out of bounds, but I think the call was for holding the rim while he tried to rebound his miss. He was still grasping the rim when the ball came off and he tried to tip it back in.

I don't get the one ft for Kansas then we get the ball out of bounds, but I think the call was for holding the rim while he tried to rebound his miss. He was still grasping the rim when the ball came off and he tried to tip it back in.

It was an awkward play from an awkward offensive player. “Technical” wouldn’t even enter my mind on that. Offensive goaltending or something? Fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom