Because Dick Refuses to | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Because Dick Refuses to

I believe the T for hanging on the rim was because he attempted to rebound and touched the ball while still hanging on the rim.

Amazing how much trouble arose just from passing the ball to the kid for a wide open dunk.

That entire sequence was hard to believe.

On the radio they said that the ACC supervisor of refs was there and so was "referee emeritus" Jim Burr. It was speculated that these refs were trying to impress those two with their calls.

Let me repeat that: They were trying to impress Jim Burr. :rolling:

That mentality is a HUGE problem IMO. The game isn’t about you.

Those refs destroyed the flow of the game by blowing the whistle on seemingly almost every possession, called way too many offensive fouls, and that technical is the worst technical foul call in the history of basketball. I’ve never seen anything like it, to be honest.

Maybe the ref contingent is part of the hoophall deal or maybe they just show up so they can feel like hall of famers? They were intent on whistling nearly every play in the first half (because they were in the presence of the almighty jim burr and being observed by the supervisor?)

The two halves were called differently. So my possible theories:

1. The Hall of Whistlers and supervisor left at the half and the refs, no longer under direct scrutiny, relaxed.

2. At halftime, a Hall of Whistler and/or supervisor told the refs to calm the frick down and stop blowing the game.

3. The refs displayed their usual level of inconsistency.​

This is the type of performance that should put these refs squarley on the bubble for tournament time. Take names. But anyways, on to the next game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom