Beef O'Brady or Bust | Syracusefan.com

Beef O'Brady or Bust

I keep saying we need the extra practice for our young guys than to extend M Hays personal foul record.

It truly is hard to be a syracuse football fan. The highs and lows I am subjected to on a weekly basis breaks my spirit. My Syracuse sport bipolar disorder. Well... basketball stats tuesday. Lets see if they can take years off my life too.

That's a very good question.

Syracuse football is like a box of chocolates ... you never know what you are going to get.

That's a very good question.

Syracuse football is like a box of chocolates ... you never know what you are going to get.

I heard that somewhere this morning. Hmmmm...

SU vs CUSA in front of dozens, I feel like I already saw this episode. Wonder if I'll remember to DVR it. I don't think I can watch it live that day, I already have plans to do anything else.

This team is more like expired milk. You sniff it, take a sip, and hope for the best.

This team is more like expired milk. You sniff it, take a sip, and hope for the best.

Over under on WVU killing Louisville at the line of scrimmage next week?:noidea: Unfathamable.

Seriously...I figured this team was a 6 or 7 wins this year...I hope and think we can get to 7-8 wins. I see a win at UConn and home versus USF. If we only get 6 or 7 wins the Beef O'Brady Bowl is good for the fans...you can get to the game and back before the XMAS airfares go sky high. The bad news is a compressed post season practice schedule and exams being just before the game. The best bowl might be the thing in Birmingham. The stadium sucks but it is late and the kids could get some study time before finals.

IMHO, The BE will do us no favors and we'll get a crap bowl if they can force it. If we win 8 games...I see the Pinstripe but Rutgirls might get it. Pitt is beatable but will the bowls be decided by Dec 3rd?

Now do we get 6 wins?
The Cuse gets win #6 next weekend in East Hartford, CT. I can't wait for the "Coach P & George D Bowl" so we can all forgot about the mess we saw today.

If we only get 6 wins, go 2-5 in the conference, and limp in with 4 losses in the last 5 games, which bowl would want us?
There is a difference between bowl eligible, and actually getting picked for a bowl, isn't there?

If we only get 6 wins, go 2-5 in the conference, and limp in with 4 losses in the last 5 games, which bowl would want us?
There is a difference between bowl eligible, and actually getting picked for a bowl, isn't there?

But will all the BE schools get to 6 wins? It'll be interesting see it play out the next few weeks. Unless UConn is Lazurus, they won't make 6 wins...One or two out of Pitt, UL, USF won't make it. I just hope we get at least 7 wins to take away the guessing game and the chance Cuse could end up with a losing season if they lose a bowl game.

The Big East is guaranteed 6 spots...but really only 5 if ND get the the Champs Bowl. I don't see the BCS as an option for them this year. We need to root for Notre Dame to finish with 6 or less wins but realistically it looks like they'll get 7-8 wins. So we have to figure only 5 bowls for the BE. Bottomline: with 70 or so bowl slots we should be in good shape even with 6 wins.

http://bigeast.org/Sports/Football/BCSBowlLineup.aspx

1-2 on the road. 3-1 at home should have been 4-0 at home.

I see no reason to not be optimistic of a win or two at home.

Maybe we can finally get it together against Pitt by end of season.
They did not look very good against Uconn despite the score, and let Iowa put up like 3 touchdowns in 8 minuts litterally to lose the game.

Bowl game below Mason Dixon Want to bring clubs

It truly is hard to be a syracuse football fan. The highs and lows I am subjected to on a weekly basis breaks my spirit. My Syracuse sport bipolar disorder. Well... basketball stats tuesday. Lets see if they can take years off my life too.

Same here, just can't stand the inconsistency.

But will all the BE schools get to 6 wins? It'll be interesting see it play out the next few weeks. Unless UConn is Lazurus, they won't make 6 wins...One or two out of Pitt, UL, USF won't make it. I just hope we get at least 7 wins to take away the guessing game and the chance Cuse could end up with a losing season if they lose a bowl game.

The Big East is guaranteed 6 spots...but really only 5 if ND get the the Champs Bowl. I don't see the BCS as an option for them this year. We need to root for Notre Dame to finish with 6 or less wins but realistically it looks like they'll get 7-8 wins. So we have to figure only 5 bowls for the BE. Bottomline: with 70 or so bowl slots we should be in good shape even with 6 wins.

http://bigeast.org/Sports/Football/BCSBowlLineup.aspx
Mark, the ACC has 9 bowl tie ins I doubt with Duke, Boston College, and Maryland not making bowls the other 9 teams get to 6 wins. NC State has to beat both Boston College and Maryland, and Miami has to beat Duke, and Boston College. I would rather get an at-large bowl than get stuck in the Beef O'Brady Bowl. Give me the Military Bowl in DC or something else. I still think we can get to 8 wins beating UConn, USF, and Pitt and sneaking into the Belk Bowl if WVU wins the conference because the ACC rep will be North Carolina and the ACC pulls strings with the Belk Bowl to take a friendly Big East team.

Mark, the ACC has 9 bowl tie ins I doubt with Duke, Boston College, and Maryland not making bowls the other 9 teams get to 6 wins. NC State has to beat both Boston College and Maryland, and Miami has to beat Duke, and Boston College. I would rather get an at-large bowl than get stuck in the Beef O'Brady Bowl. Give me the Military Bowl in DC or something else. I still think we can get to 8 wins beating UConn, USF, and Pitt and sneaking into the Belk Bowl if WVU wins the conference because the ACC rep will be North Carolina and the ACC pulls strings with the Belk Bowl to take a friendly Big East team.

Baby Steps...this team needs a Bowl Win. I'd prefer to play approximately the 3rd best C-Ugly team or the 8th/9th place SEC team in a bowl this year. Next year (2012) I think we'll be looking at a top 25 matchup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom